• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daves in stasis/ Second episode

His bloating has gone down & so has his glucose. He was very bright overnight however still not eating!

That's such good news. I've had that news many times when my rabbits have had an obstruction that's been slowly moving along. I hope all continues to go well.

His bloating has gone down & so has his glucose. He was very bright overnight however still not eating!

Hopefully things are slowly improving, it's good news that the bloating and BG levels are going down. Hopefully with ongoing treatment he will continue to improve throughout the day xx

His abdomen is still improving, he's very lively but still not eaten. I'm off to visit him now and I'm taking some of his favourite munchies. Looking forward to giving him a nose rub!

His abdomen is still improving, he's very lively but still not eaten. I'm off to visit him now and I'm taking some of his favourite munchies. Looking forward to giving him a nose rub!

I do that when mine are admitted. They are always overjoyed to get some lovely munchies x

I went to see him earlier & he was looking rather sorry for himself! I decided to take his tray along with me filled with hay which I'm thrilled I did because the hay he had was looking rather sad. The vet was with him at the time so had a little chat and he said they were still syringe feeding him as he wasn't eating.

Anyway another vet has just called and said that he's eaten some vegetables and done lots of big droppings in his tray! :D

What a good boy :thumb: Well done Dave :D Hopefully he'll start to eat a bit more now.

Back