• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 neutered males

lucyjuicey1

New Kit
Hi, I'm new here but I was looking for some advice. I have a neutered male rabbit called Daisy - yes, I know it's not very masculine... at all - and until only recently he lived with his sister, Chewbacca - very ladylike. Unfortunately, she was caught by a fox and passed away and things haven't been quite the same. To help ease Daisy's upset I did some research to see what I shou do and I found that most said to give him a new friend as he has always been with another bunny and it would be best for him. So -sorry for this being so long... :? - I saw there are 2 rabbits available near me to adopt. They are separate so I probably wouldn't get both and they are both males apparently. They are to be neutered and are about 6 months. Daisy is just over a year - his bday was in September. So will a male be fine or should I try something else? Thanks, hope you people can help!!! and soooooo sorry for incredibly long post!!! 😅:lol:Xxxxxxxxx:thumb:

If you have any rescues near you it would be worth contacting them to see if they have any single spayed does available. Some rescues will even bond rabbits for you in exchange for a small fee.

Hi tulsi, thanks for the speedy reply! I am trying at the moment to see if there are any single ladies and there are one or two not too far from me. I hope Daisy will be pleasd when I get him a companion! Thanks again for reply - I didn't expect to get one so quick! pleaseantly surprised! xx:wave:

I think Daisy would accept a female rabbit much easier than a male one. Good luck with finding him a lovely partner, but try to keep the fox out as he will be back for another meal :thumb:

Thanks for the reply, tonibun! I think I may have found a better match. My dad and I have also made plans to build a sort of aviary for him as he is currently living in the large playhouse so it will give him freedom to run outside without any danger! xx:D

Back