• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ted is having dental tomorrow morning

RIP Ted. Sorry he left so suddenly. It must be very hard trying not to show how sad you feel for your daughters sake over Christmas.

Perhaps you can all have a ceremony together for him when the time feels right. Bless him.

Thank you so much all of you. I feel okay, suppressing emotions comes to mind. But I am processing it all on a subliminal level.

After Christmas il tell my little girl and we shall bury him with the others in the woods. It helps knowing you all care so much. Xxx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm so very sorry to read this sad news :cry:
Sending you and your family gentle and comforting hugs.

Sweet dreams, Teddy. xxxxx

He got through the dental work very well. His heart stopped in recovery, they did use the right anesthetic. I can't believe it has happened.. except I can.. everything has been awful this year 😔

Oh dear I am so very sorry :cry:

I have had this happen to a rabbit. Totally unexpected and devastating for the vet too (in my case).

You could never have foreseen it. Sending ((( hugs )))

Oh dear I am so very sorry :cry:

I have had this happen to a rabbit. Totally unexpected and devastating for the vet too (in my case).

You could never have foreseen it. Sending ((( hugs )))
Thank you. I know I'm not the only one to be affected by this. It's horrible. He really was the most beautiful soul. He would lick me all over when I would stroke him. He loved cuddles and he was happy with his wife bun Pony. They were loves young dream, soul mates, they used to break out of their pens to run round the house and see each other before they were bonded. They didn't even require bonding. She is lost just now but I know she will recover well, I hope so. I have gone from having 6 buns to 2 in 9 months. Three have left for the bridge. I hope Pony doesn't get to down. I'm sorry you lost your bunny the same way. It's such a shock. Xx

Back