• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Hello everyone, I feel like a stranger I haven't been on here for so long but there comes a time a bunny mummeh needs some advice, we have recently moved a new garden means .... new bunneh house [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] looking for a shed to convert for the buns about 6x6 any places people know of recommend?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, I feel like a stranger I haven't been on here for so long but there comes a time a bunny mummeh needs some advice, we have recently moved a new garden means .... new bunneh house [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] looking for a shed to convert for the buns about 6x6 any places people know of recommend?

Hello !! It's lovely to see you again after so long. Hope you are doing OK these days. My Rabbits are indoors, so I cant offer any recommendations about sheds. I am sure others will be along to make some suggestions.

Hello! I am very well things have (finally)settled down so you will be hearing and seeing a lot more of me on here again :) (and of course bonnie and Clyde)

Have you done a Forum search of 'sheds' as there are *loads* of great threads and recommendations :thumb:

Hello! I am very well things have (finally)settled down so you will be hearing and seeing a lot more of me on here again :) (and of course bonnie and Clyde)

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling more settled now and life is being kinder to you.

I'll pop over to Rabbit Chat and give them a nudge in this direction, I am sure there are quite a few people who can make some useful suggestions re sheds.

In the meantime Tamsin has some helpful info here :

http://www.therabbithouse.com/outdoor/rabbitshed.asp

I know some people have also bought good condition second hand playhouses off Ebay. Then they add a secure run. Some people have bought dog kennel/runs too, which seem to work well.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and good luck with shed etc xx

There's lots of shed people -

Shed.co.uk
A1 Sheds
Hampson Sheds
Waltons
B and Q

Some assemble as well. T and G is best imo.

Tongue and groove/shiplap is more expensive but worth it: no paw-sized gaps in stupid places! I got a playhouse secondhand from Gumtree and it's very good! I trawled eBay and Gumtree for secondhand and got lucky with my £40 one :thumb:

Agree re tongue and groove. I got a shed from our local garden centre. They delivered and assembled it. Well worth it imo.

I got a tongue and groove dog chalet
It was made to measure and would recommend them.

Sheds are just add good and local shed makers will often put them up for you. Also as others have mentioned ebay may have some too.

They are so much easier to look after in a shed, especially in the winter.

Perfect everyone! Thank you I'm going to have a look at the few sights mentioned also thank you jacks-jane I was trying to find Tasting post the other day! Xx

Sign up to Google and find the one who will help you in making the Sheds for your Rabbit house. Or you can have recommendations from your friends or family also.

I had a look at sheds last summer, was apalled how the display models at b&q had not stood the test if time with gaps you could almost climb through. Admittedly that was the cheaper ones but they are not exactly free either.

I would try and see some sheds locally as that way you get to see different shapes and sizes in the flesh and different types of construction. Tongue and groove definitely better than shiplap. With ours we have put mesh over the windows then I made some wooden shutters to go over them for the colder months. Also put more hinges on the door so you can make it stable doors. We put them on a concrete base but paving slabs also work. We also treated the undersides before fitting them together and put wire on to stop rats etc getting in underneath. We then lined the inside walls with polystyrene sheeting from packing from washing machines, TV etc (easily available from electrical shops) then put thinish tongue and groove over the top. I built in hay racks and also a place for water bowls to stop them being dragged round the floor!

Back