• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HARLEY 11-5-12 to 01-12-15

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Harley, Harley Knickers, Harley Pants, Wookiee, Push Me Pull me – whatever it was I called you one thing remained the same – you were beautiful – a beautiful, independent, feisty little girl whom I adored.

You came home to me on 11th August 2012 – after we sat with Dee having a 2 hour lecture on how to look after you. I was still relatively new to bunnies but I did know that Bobo needed a wife, and I had my heart set on a lion head – being a bunny novice I didn’t even think about rescues but you know what? I don’t regret it – not one bit.

From the start you made it quite apparent that you weren’t interested in bonding with me – I was food giver and that was that. But I loved watching you bounce around the lounge – little flying carpet that you were. Your binkies were fabulous to watch – hair and legs flying everywhere:D.

We quickly moved you from that horrible little cage into a bigger hutch with a puppy run attached – and gradually introduced you to your Bobo through that. Bobo’s daddy was scared of letting you out with him properly because you might have hurt the big boy :lol::lol::lol:– but eventually you started getting quite depressed and in January 2013 we finally got the courage up to let you meet your boy properly. I will never forget that wonderful full on roly-flop you did soon afterwards – absolute and utter contentment at being with your Bobo at long last:love:.

You looked after your Bobo so well – and learnt very quickly to get out his way at food times. He’s grumpy wee sod isn’t he….snorting and chasing you like a great boar:). But you worked with me – and we figured a way of getting his food to him quickly whilst you hung back for yours, waiting until he had his head his bowl.

Bobo has an eye that leaks a bit – and his fur underneath gets quite matted – as the vet said, his partner will take care of that – and you did. Last year when you were away for a couple of nights in hospital with stasis – his eye/fur got matted again – but as soon as we brought you home, you hopped straight over to Bobo and started cleaning his eye – poor Bobo was very unsure about this strange smelling little thing in his pen – but he quickly remembered who you were and set about giving you the most thorough wash ever:love:

You never really did get to like me much – on the odd occasion you would let me stroke you – but when Fondue Kid came round to give you a good brushing – WOW, it was absolute bliss for you wasn’t it? Falling asleep in her lap, totally and utterly relaxed – you deserved a bit of pampering after all that you did for Bobo;).

On Sunday evening we had to rush you to the vets as you weren’t eating and obviously uncomfortable but you came home after getting meds and I was able to give you more meds and recovery food. On Monday morning – you were back to normal Harley again – pooping, and eating as usual. But I continued on with the meds just in case. On Tuesday – again absolutely fine, bouncing around like a loon. You were fine at 6pm when hubby checked on you but by the time I got home at 7pm you were in deep shock and unconscious. Of course we rushed you back to the vets, and they were brilliant – but despite all their efforts they couldn’t save you. I didn’t think you were coming home – but held on to a tiny bit of hope but the phone call came an hour after we left you:cry:.

I’m so glad I was able to say I love you before you left. I sort of wish that you had been able to slip away with Bobo at your side – but to be honest, you did. When I saw you just lying there in your pen, your essence, soul, Harleyness had gone already:cry:.

Your dad sent me this video on Tuesday afternoon to show me how happy you were – it brings me a strong sense of peace to know that your last hours were spent in contentment with your boy.:love:

Bobo is doing fine – he looks a bit bewildered but you and I both know that is his normal expression anyway:lol:. Don’t worry about his eye – we will keep it clean – and I promise you that he will soon have a new partner to do that job for you and me.

Binky free my darling, delightful, hairy Harley. Thank you for being such a special, wonderful, stroppy, grumpy, amazing little duchess – I loved you, love you, will always love you:love:.

what a lovely tribute, it made me laugh and cry. She sounds like a wonderfully feisty bunny! Binky free Harley, you were well loved x

I'm so very sorry that you lost your girl, what a beauty she was, and such a caricature. Binky free little one xxxxxxx

What an absolutely beautiful tribute, I'm so sorry you had to say farewell to your little girl.

Binky free sweetheart, you will be sadly missed xx

Beautiful story, I am so sorry for your loss, it;s so heartbreaking when they leave us

BINKY free little lady xx

Back