• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A-Level Rabbit Housing Project

maefranco

New Kit
After some initial feedback I'm having a go at this again...

Hi there,

My name is Mae Franco and I am an A-Level Design and Technology Student based in London. For my major project this year I have decided to design a rabbit hutch and I have drawn up some designs and variations to it. I would be very grateful if you could take a look at my designs and give me some feedback (positive AND negative) on each one.

Thank you!
Mae

I hope this is clearer and any feedback would be great.

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2MKLEcgmYnySWc0YjhlZlBzRUdPY2ZzWVlQR285MGpNSGNJ/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I like the flower pot modification idea. This could be used to grow herbs and greens for the rabbit to eat. :D
In terms of the hutch being dark, don't be afraid to have a fair amount of light coming in to the hutch. As long as there is a part (and it can be relatively small) where the rabbit can hide away in to feel safe then that should be enough.
Good luck with your project, it's nice to see something creative and different :thumb:

Dear Mae,
It seems a very nice and interesting project.
I agree with Sarahbun that there should be a bit more light going in.
Also, i was wondering if the space may be too small. Rabbits need lots of space and the hutch you have designed could be considered just as 'bedroom'. however, really good teh idea of the tunnelling and flower bed.
Good luck with the project.

Livia

Back