Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: FHB's rabbit savvy vets list U/D published, see link on post 1

  1. #1
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,352

    Default FHB's rabbit savvy vets list U/D published, see link on post 1

    https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/vet...ecommendations



    Frances has just posted on her new Facebook page that she has had no response to this, she's really disappointed as she thought owners would be interested in recommending their vets. I think the lack of response just because it's got lost in and amongst other subjects. So if you would like your rabbit savvy vet on the list this is what she originally said:

    "I would like to include recommendations from rabbit owners about vets. Only positive comments and in your own words with your name attached. If you want to be included, please email me at frances@harcourt-brown.co.uk with 'vet recommendation' as the title. Thanks"


    Whilst there are other places to get this information, I think it's a case of the more the merrier and the more places you see good vets listed the more it reinforces the idea that they are good.

    Hopefully her efforts in all this will be rewarded
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 07-12-2015 at 08:37 PM.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    128,512

    Default

    I've emailed her with C and Mark's details xx

  3. #3
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    She is the only decent rabbit vet I've ever seen! I hope she is going to get us a list of those who attended her rabbit CPD (she did say she would)

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I've emailed her with C and Mark's details xx


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    She is the only decent rabbit vet I've ever seen! I hope she is going to get us a list of those who attended her rabbit CPD (she did say she would)
    Yeah, I'd without doubt recommend Ruth and Heather but I don't know if that's a bit of a strange thing to do, they should be on that list but if she wants owners to put their names to it then she can't automatically put them on the list... urm.

    There is a list on the 'vets' tab, there's only 5 so far put their name on it but it's a work in progress. Interestingly so far they are all in the north and northern east. She did tell me someone from Canada was showing interest in attending, I don't know whether they actually did or not. There were definitely ones from far and wide within the UK.
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 26-11-2015 at 11:19 AM.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  6. #6
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Yeah, I'd without doubt recommend Ruth and Heather but I don't know if that's a bit of a strange thing to do, they should be on that list but if she wants owners to put their names to it then she can't automatically put them on the list... urm.

    There is a list on the 'vets' tab, there's only 5 so far put their name on it but it's a work in progress. Interestingly so far they are all in the north and northern east. She did tell me someone from Canada was showing interest in attending, I don't know whether they actually did or not. There were definitely ones from far and wide within the UK.
    I bobbed on to her new facebook page just now to give the idea the thumbs up & explain I can't contribute as Crab Lane is the only vet I recommend Nice to hear Jack is getting up to so much mischief

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I bobbed on to her new facebook page just now to give the idea the thumbs up & explain I can't contribute as Crab Lane is the only vet I recommend Nice to hear Jack is getting up to so much mischief
    I told her on Tuesday that I think people would like the idea but it just got 'lost' as it was a few subjects rolled into one when she raised the subject on Facebook. She seemed really disappointed at the lack of interest. I didn't know whether to raise it on RU or not, but hey, didn't want her feeling ignored.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper SarahP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    30,289

    Default

    I think people are probably just reluctant to recommend a vet to someone they regard as a specialist.
    Sarah.

    RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    I think people are probably just reluctant to recommend a vet to someone they regard as a specialist.
    Urm, I wonder. There's definitely a lot of vets around the country that we've come to regard as rabbit vets that it would be good to have on the list. There must be at least 50 that RU can come up with.


    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Urm, I wonder. There's definitely a lot of vets around the country that we've come to regard as rabbit vets that it would be good to have on the list. There must be at least 50 that RU can come up with.
    It's an interesting thing - one man's vet may be another man's disaster. I think it depends on the relationship you have with that vet, possibly? So the list can become very subjective ..

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •