• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Felix

SJH

Warren Veteran
Felix was my friend's sister's bunny but I think he deserves a mention.

He was 14.

Yesterday, he was running about the garden and enjoying his life. He came in, jumped up on his mum's knee and went to his forever sleep. She's devastated but what an amazing bond.

Binky free little one. You were truly loved. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was 14.

Yesterday, he was running about the garden and enjoying his life. He came in, jumped up on his mum's knee and went to his forever sleep. She's devastated but what an amazing bond.

If there is such a thing as a 'good death' that has to be a fine example of it. To know great happiness, no pain or illness, to choose to be close to a special friend and to just 'turn off the lights'. A passing I would want for myself and for anyone, human or animal, whom I love.

I have only experienced that sort of sudden passing of a Rabbit once, it was a horrendous shock, but it was the perfect way to go for the Rabbit (Maya)

RIP Felix xx

I'm so sorry to read of Felix's passing, but I agree with Jane. It sounds as though he went peacefully and with the love of family about him.
Binky free, Felix. xxxx

If there is such a thing as a 'good death' that has to be a fine example of it. To know great happiness, no pain or illness, to choose to be close to a special friend and to just 'turn off the lights'. A passing I would want for myself and for anyone, human or animal, whom I love.

I have only experienced that sort of sudden passing of a Rabbit once, it was a horrendous shock, but it was the perfect way to go for the Rabbit (Maya)

RIP Felix xx

I totally agree. He even gave her arm a little lick :love:

Such a shock but, after 14 years, it's got to be the "best" way to let a friend go.

He was sort of saying, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

Thank you for all your good wishes. I'll be sure to pass them on.

He was 14.

That is fantastic - what an incredible way to go!

I hope something similar happens to me when my time comes. The very fact he was jumping at the age of 14 is a miracle in itself :D

Run free Felix .. :love:

How amazing that he was able to say goodbye in such a way, he obviously had a wonderful life and had such a bond that he left this world with a kiss

Binky free at the bridge dear felix

Thank you all. I have passed your good wishes on.

He's now safely laid to rest in his favourite garden with a little carrot garden ornament marking the spot. Binky free handsome. xx

It sounds like they were very close :( But what a wonderful age and a wonderful passing and it sounds like he was happy all the way up to the end, so that must be some consolation for her. Run free, Felix xx

That's a lovely way to go, Felix obviously knew he was loved, no bun could have wished for more. Binky free Felix, hope your friend is ok, give her our good wishes xxxxxx

RIP Felix xx

I couldn't have said it better than Jane.

In my decades of owning bunnies, I only had one who lived past fourteen; so I know what a tribute it is to your Mom that Felix was able to be healthy for so long.

Back