• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny balcony

Rockers

New Kit
We will have to move our two bunnies onto our balcony, which is plenty big by the way. 11m x 1.5m.
No I don`t want them to roam around the whole balcony but they could easily get a space of 4mx 1.5m or even a little more if they want to have more space.
This is a 9th floor flat we are residing at.
The balcony wall is high enough not worry about them jumping over it.
Now the plan is to build a proper enclosure for them with fly netting all around it. In summer we get once in a while mosquitos finding their way up to the 9th. And occasionally a fly too. The whole of the balcony is protected already by a bird netting to prevent pigeons landing on the railing. Winter are not very cold her, usually on average around 5-8 degree Celsius. One of my main concerns is the hight of the whole enclosure, don`t want to make it too high but we should still be able to clean it. Secondly what kind of floor would you recommend? Right now it`s painted concrete but I feel like it should be something more natural, like a nice wood or a proper grass lawn, which would make it easier to clean. Rabbit poo a pee would be taken care of more naturally by using proper grass. Oh and the balcony is well protected against rain too.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

you could grow grass in pots, as for floor wither keep as concrete, or how about artificial grass, would is likely to be slippy when wet

Back