• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Candy

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
I've not been able to talk about Candy, but having her put to sleep was the most heartbreaking decision I've ever made.

She had been through so much and always came out fighting and I felt terrible when the abscess returned that I had to make the decision to send her over the bridge.

She was tooth grinding, drooling and had stopped eating, I knew from looking at her, that it was time.

I took her to the vets and they agreed it would be unfair to operate again and I was making the right choice. I nuzzled into her furry head and she managed to lick my hand one last time. Her passing was so peaceful, and so quick and she put up no fight or fuss, and she drifted over the bridge.

When she passed a part of me went with her and nothing will replace her, ever. She was with me through Being pregnant with Ava, to the day Ava finally came home. She was my rock.
I miss you my Candy Bunny. But I know I did the right thing. <3
I took this photo just before she had the lethal injection.
RIP beautiful girl xx

Oh Kim, this is so lovely :love:

Candy in her 'jazzy' hat avatar was the first thing I noticed about you ..

You tried all you could with her, and gave her the best quality of life and a good death. What more could she have ever wanted?

((( hugs )))

Oh Kim, this is so lovely :love:

Candy in her 'jazzy' hat avatar was the first thing I noticed about you ..

You tried all you could with her, and gave her the best quality of life and a good death. What more could she have ever wanted?

((( hugs )))

Thank you, without your advice with regards to her abscess I'm sure I
Would not have had her for those extra weeks!

Oh yes! Her "top hat" haha, brilliant. Bless her.

I am so sorry you lost the fight with Candy. These sad decisions we need to make for our rabbits are really so hard, but abscesses can sometimes be so difficult to treat and I'm sure you made the right decision for her at the right time. Sending hugs for you. Candy was very lovely :love:

I was so gutted for you when I read that Candy had gone. :cry: She was a beautiful girl and now is a beautiful bunny angel watching over you and your family from the Rainbow. ((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))
Sleep well and sweet dreams, Candy. xxxxx

I am so sorry Kim, I could tell from your posts how special she was to you :( I am struggling with my little Frankie buns death and haven't been able to write her Rainbow bridge post quite yet. They certainly take a big piece of our heart.

Sweet dreams Candy xx

I am so sorry Kim, I could tell from your posts how special she was to you :( I am struggling with my little Frankie buns death and haven't been able to write her Rainbow bridge post quite yet. They certainly take a big piece of our heart.

Sweet dreams Candy xx

They do :cry:

Sorry to hear you're still struggling NBB. Sending ((( hugs )))

Sweet dreams Candy xx

They definitely do! Hope you're okay. Xx

I know exactly how you feel I went thru the same with My Dumplin :cry:

The final decision is the most difficult but you make it for them as they cannot ask you :cry:

Binky Free Candy :love:

Back