• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two neutered females to bond

So we gave the girls a 20 min meet&greet today as they had the weekend to cool down after their big fight.

Within 15 mins we got Phoebe giving Daphne kisses and then for around 5 minuets Daphne was kissing Phoebe back. I did get a video but its saved in the wrong format and I can't share it.

So we gave the girls a 20 min meet&greet today as they had the weekend to cool down after their big fight.

Within 15 mins we got Phoebe giving Daphne kisses and then for around 5 minuets Daphne was kissing Phoebe back. I did get a video but its saved in the wrong format and I can't share it.

It can take months for girls to accept one another, groom and lay down for a cuddle. Persistence and patience, and of course an eagle eye are essential on your part, as I'm sure you know :)

So this is the set up for tonight (I'm calling in sick tomorrow as I have a bad chest tonight and David is taking Friday off work so we get a good 6 days of them in here thanks to me being unwell).
Started with a 10 min bumpy car ride to stress them a bit before putting them in here with their pellets scattered around and a little readigrass.

They've just run out of pellets so this'll be when it get interesting. We're going to do our best to not separate them this time as we feel doing so just made things worse.
As I type, both of them have gone into the 'you groom me' mode. Where it looks like neither is backing down any time soon. They both have slightly jam covered noses from this morning so hopefully one of them will give into the smell.

I was very tempted to move our bunny cam from the front room into the bedroom where they are and give you guys access so you can watch the behaviour yourselves but I'm not sure if that would have actually been of any help.

Last edited:
Back