• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 male bunnies!

If they're neutered and bonded, yes, they can (of course, all rabbits need to be neutered and bonded, no matter what sex they are). Most people try and get a male and a female though because a male/female pair tends to work better than a male/male pair or female/female pair.

No, a male and female would need to be neutered to prevent babies. Not to mention health reasons, behavioral reasons, and the fact that any 2 rabbits (male or female) are very likely to fight if they aren't neutered because of raging hormones.

It's easiest and cheapest to go to a rescue because they'll have already neutered, bonded rabbits to choose from. If you buy 2 baby rabbits from a breeder they'll probably have to be separated due to fighting (and will definitely have to be separated if you have a male and female - they can mate at a very young age) and then you'll have to wait til they're old enough to neuter before you can bond them. You can neuter them usually at 3-4 months old for males and 5-6 months for females.

I suggest you look at the RWAF website - they have all kinds of information leaflets and books you may find helpful and which you can keep for reference.

Yes they can, given they're both neutered and bonded properly. I got my boys from a rescue and they were already bonded, so yes two boys can certainly live happily together!

So sorry! [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aw it's ok! You don't need to apologize, I was just confused. :)

I know it's all probably an overwhelming amount of information to digest as a rabbit newbie though - I research lots of animals way in advance, so I get that - so I can understand if you sometimes ask certain things twice by accident or lose track of replies when you've got a lot of questions. It's just I was starting to think you weren't really listening to anyone.

Back