• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to get a Bunny!

BunnyBunBunBun

Warren Scout
Hi, I'm new to the forum but wanted to ring out loads about rabbits before we get two in may!
I know it's a long time away but I want to find out as much as I can to be the best bunny mum I can be!
I am interested in the balmoral and winsor hutches on rabbit-hutches.co.uk would these be suitable for two rabbits?
I was also wondering if rabbits drink from water bottles or water bowls.
I would buy a hutch cover for winter but was also wondering if we would need to move the hutch into the garage for winter?
Thanks for helping!
Bye!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only move the hutch into the garage if you don't use it for cars as the fumes that cars produce are harmful for rabbits.

Any hutch you buy you should have a run attached, as big as you can get. Lots of people have sheds that they keep their buns in.

They can drink from water bowls or bottles it doesn't matter, a lot on the forum here we mostly do waterfowls as its more natural but it depends which suits your rabbits and yourself best.

Only move the hutch into the garage if you don't use it for cars as the fumes that cars produce are harmful for rabbits.

Any hutch you buy you should have a run attached, as big as you can get. Lots of people have sheds that they keep their buns in.
g.png

They can drink from water bowls or bottles it doesn't matter, a lot on the forum here we mostly do waterfowls as its more natural but it depends which suits your rabbits and yourself best.
Thanks for info

Thanks so much, don't worry we don't us the garage for cars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a look through some of the sticky threads in all the sections of the forum. They'll give you plenty of good suggestions for housing, feeding, general care, etc.

Well done for doing your research before you get your bunnies - there are loads of bonded rabbits available for rescue in the rehome section too.

Don't get the balmoral. It's cheap and not very sturdy. Speaking from experience.

I forked out nearly 200 quid for a 7ft hutch similar to the balmoral and had nothing but problems. You'd be better off getting a playhouse / shed and run.

Don't get the balmoral. It's cheap and not very sturdy. Speaking from experience.

I forked out nearly 200 quid for a 7ft hutch similar to the balmoral and had nothing but problems. You'd be better off getting a playhouse / shed and run.

Back