Thread: Referral needed. Recommendations Please!!

Default Referral needed. Recommendations Please!!

Hi,

My rabbit Jasper has been struggling with sneezing fits. He has a tooth root problem which is the likely cause but we are not getting great results with the antibiotics we've tried. Our last visit the vet took a swab but unless the results give us something new to try then the vet discussed referring him. We are in Middlesbrough (North East) and her suggestion was someone in Nottingham. That's a 2 hour drive which isn't an issue for me but Jasper isn't a great traveller. His wife used to settle him but he's on his own now

Frances Harcourt Brown is only an hour away in harrogate but unfortunately she is semi-retired now and isn't taking referrals . Her practice recommended Molly Varga but she is based in Manchester (2.5 hrs).

Does anyone have recommendations? Obviously closer the better but we will travel for the right vet. No expense spared for our Jaspy!

Thanks,
    Dan

Wise Old Thumper

Judith Brown at FirstVets in Forest Hall (Newcastle), its about an hour's drive from you I think

http://www.firstvets.co.uk/surgeries...ts-forest-hall
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dbowes View Post
    Hi,

My rabbit Jasper has been struggling with sneezing fits. He has a tooth root problem which is the likely cause but we are not getting great results with the antibiotics we've tried. Our last visit the vet took a swab but unless the results give us something new to try then the vet discussed referring him. We are in Middlesbrough (North East) and her suggestion was someone in Nottingham. That's a 2 hour drive which isn't an issue for me but Jasper isn't a great traveller. His wife used to settle him but he's on his own now

Frances Harcourt Brown is only an hour away in harrogate but unfortunately she is semi-retired now and isn't taking referrals . Her practice recommended Molly Varga but she is based in Manchester (2.5 hrs).

Does anyone have recommendations? Obviously closer the better but we will travel for the right vet. No expense spared for our Jaspy!

Thanks,
    Dan
    Give me a PM if you're struggling to find a good vet and I shall contact my friend in the area. She has had great success finding a good one ...

Good luck xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Judith Brown at FirstVets in Forest Hall (Newcastle), its about an hour's drive from you I think

http://www.firstvets.co.uk/surgeries...ts-forest-hall
    Excellent thanks. Yep thats not far and I know the area.

Our vet is rabbit savvy but she said they weren't setup for what he needs here. She spoke about the possibility of sending a camera up his nose. I'm guessing the Forest Veterinary are fully set up for this kind of thing? Obviously our vet would make sure of this but I'm trying to be proactive while I wait for her call (with swab results) next week.

Thanks again

Our vet is rabbit savvy but she said they weren't setup for what he needs here. She spoke about the possibility of sending a camera up his nose. I'm guessing the Forest Veterinary are fully set up for this kind of thing? Obviously our vet would make sure of this but I'm trying to be proactive while I wait for her call (with swab results) next week.

Thanks again
    I'm not 100% sure but *I think* Nigel Harcourt-Brown takes referrals for nasal endoscopy as it's one of his areas of expertise. If the referral is specifically for that rather than a 'rabbit referral' then Crab Lane might still be an option. If you haven't specifically discussed this with them re the referral it might be worth considering

http://www.crablanevets.co.uk/our-pr...nary-surgeons/
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 14-11-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

Wise Old Thumper

Thanks again
    I only know that Judith is a very Rabbit Savvy Vet. I dont know what specific diagnostic facilities are available at the Surgery where she is based.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Thanks Jacks-Jane/Bunny Buddy

Both look like good options. I'll ask the vet to check with Crab Lane Vets, could be ideal. Forest Hall looks a good option too if they are geared up for it. I'll let my vet contact them and ask the right questions. If not then I guess we'll have to drive further afield.

Thanks again - very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Give me a PM if you're struggling to find a good vet and I shall contact my friend in the area. She has had great success finding a good one ...

Good luck xx
    Thanks MightyMax,

nearly missed your post. I'll see what my vet comes up with and may very well take you up on your offer if we are still stuck

Banned

Thanks MightyMax,

nearly missed your post. I'll see what my vet comes up with and may very well take you up on your offer if we are still stuck
    You're very welcome

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.