• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still humping, will it stop??

Hi everyone, I put my two remaining bunnies together at the weekend for the first time (boy & girl both neutered when very young and now 7 and 4). Everything went well just lots of humping but really nothing that was nasty or vicious in any way. I've noticed when Parsnip mounts Blossom she just very casually moves away and he's left standing there a bit perplexed but seems then to go over to her for a face wash which she loves doing so really there's nothing major going on but it's been nearly a week now and he's still humping her (but very gently). Will this begin to stop as the time goes on or is he still trying to assert himself? I'm now wondering if he's learnt that when he humps her he gets a free face wash?? Just a thought as it's happening every 20mins so very frequent. Apart from that they follow each other everywhere, eat, sleep and groom each other lots with no issues at all.

I'd be grateful for any advice as I'm new to bonding but did do a massive amount of homework first!! :wave:

Hopefully the humping will stop soon, did you put them together in a neutral area? Because, if not, there may be an issue or two which has to be resolved. Otherwise everything sounds good and they should be glad to have company through the colder months. Come back if you need any more help.

Hi, I put them together in my kitchen as totally neutral to both of them. They were in there all day and all night too (I slept with them on the kitchen floor that night and all was fine). As they were getting on really well I put them back out in their hut the following day which had all been thoroughly cleaned with white vinegar. They are only in half of the hut at the moment as I didn't want them sleeping too far away from each other this new into the bond. We're planning on opening up the whole hut for them this weekend but will take it very slowly. They've been let out into the run in the evenings for a bit of exercise so I'm really hoping they can have access to the run all day long from the weekend as I'll be able to keep a close eye on them. I'll fill the hut and run with boxes and toys to keep them occupied : ) Such little darlings very sweet together indeed.

Back