• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My gassy bunny.

chloe60

Young Bun
Hi all, sorry for asking all of the questions but im in need of more advice. My bunny Jett is very gassy (loud gurgling from his stomach,cant get comfortable and teeth grinding).

However, i wasnt able to get any infacol today due to the pharmacies not being open and having no transport to take him to the vets for anything. Anyways, he seems his normal self eating alot, poos are normal (better than this morning), chewing on his mineral stone and coming out to play (even though he isnt binkying like usual due to the pain hes in which i feel bad for i just havent been able to get him any relief today :( and my vet doesnt work weekends) learning his 'spin' trick. However, he hasnt been drinking alot and im wondering if its because i put pro c probiotic in his water to see if it would help his gut a little bit more. I may have to take this out.

Ive been massaging his belly gently and i think this has started to relieve some of the pain as i can feel it as it tenses up and releases alot and i think hes starting to release some of the gas as i can smell it sometimes.

Advice for infacol i know the first 3 hours has to be consecutively and then throughout the rest of the day 3-8 hours apart. But how much do i need to give him per dosage? Also, how many days will i need to give it for ( im not looking forward to it. He HATES anything that has to be administered through a syringe.. nightmare)

Thankyou for taking the time to read this. And please dont tell me off i know him being in pain isnt nice but ive done what i can given my circumstance and i will sort it out tomorrow. I just need advice right now thankyou.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sorry your questions weren't answered. Could you tell us more about your rabbit, age and what are you feeding him and how much, which veg and does he eat a lot of hay?

Aww sending lots of vibes for Jett.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what mineral stone does he have? I personally don't Believe bunnies need them? And also how many pellets are you giving?

I also currently have a 11 week old bunny who is currently on a combined food mix, so I litrally give him half an egg cup twice daily and topping up his bowl with dried forage and a mix of redi grass and orchard grass. Obviously I know all bunnies are different, so please don't go changing his diet as they do have such delicate bellies, but he is also a brilliant hay eater. But I must say his poos are golden green and a good size! Is your bunny drinking well too? Xx

Back