• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Large Guinea Rescue BABY PICS PT 43!

It never fails to amaze me how people behind a keyboard feel they know more about a situation than those actually dealing with it directly!!

Jill has worked so hard to get a huge number of Piggies to safety. In fact I've never seen such a large rescue of Piggies before, especially by one person. Thanks to Jill hundreds of Piggies are now safe and looking forward to a great future. No other issue should distract from that amazing fact.

Well done Jill, and congratulations on all the little babies that have and will continue to be born. At least they will never have to know the horrific conditions they could have been born into if it wasn't for your help x

How lovely for the new three that they will grow up away from such horror.

Stories like this are bound to envoke strong emotions. I am sure that we all want to see happy piggies at the end of the day and that at least the lady who was keeping them in such terrible conditions asked for and continued to accept help.

Daytona's babies born last night
All three seem fine and here they are at just 12 hours old :love:

Dart, Diamante and Delphi

Can I ask what your medical qualifications are, that you are so certain?

I do find some of your comments on threads rather strange.

The aim of Honeybunnies was to get these poor piggies out of where they were being kept and bred in the most terrible conditions.

They have done an amazing job - and continue to do so.

May I suggest it would be more appropriate for you to concentrate your energies into offering support to everyone involved with the Rescue, fosterers etc, either on here, or in more practical ways, rather than anything else?

What an amazing job you have done rescuing so many piggies and co-ordinating places of safety for them. I think you ought to get a medal, you must be so strong to cope with all this xxx

Beautiful babies:love:Piggie babies are always adorable.

Thank goodness they are born into a clean environment,now being well looked after.

I don't know how you are thinking of all these names. You must be seeing piggies in your sleep!
They are all so lovely. Are the adults friendly?
Your doing amazing Jill and the whole team with you!

I don't know how you are thinking of all these names. You must be seeing piggies in your sleep!
They are all so lovely. Are the adults friendly?
Your doing amazing Jill and the whole team with you!
the names are quite a challenge as we never use a name twice ( well we have done on 2 occassions but thats all! )..we use themes and for the last few months all have been car names..try Googling a few and you'll see! we also like the babies to have the first letter same as mum..so again a bit hard!
The adults are terrified..really bad place they came from, but some are coming round and I'm sure they all will once settled in loving homes

Do not rise to pointless posts.

You've done and are doing a wonderful thing for these little wheekers x

I haven't previously commented but have read all the threads, looked at all the photos, and just have so much respect for all you, and the others involved have done. In a different situation I would be considering adopting my first piggies from those from this rescue (that's how much it's touched me, I'm not a piggie person at all.... yet... maybe).

Very well done to all of you. Very lucky piggies.

It never fails to amaze me how people behind a keyboard feel they know more about a situation than those actually dealing with it directly!!

Jill has worked so hard to get a huge number of Piggies to safety. In fact I've never seen such a large rescue of Piggies before, especially by one person. Thanks to Jill hundreds of Piggies are now safe and looking forward to a great future. No other issue should distract from that amazing fact.

Well done Jill, and congratulations on all the little babies that have and will continue to be born. At least they will never have to know the horrific conditions they could have been born into if it wasn't for your help x

^^ What Liz said. I'm speechless by the conditions that these piggies have come from and no wonder the poor things are so terrified. Onwards and upwards for all of them now - thank you for your hard work and persistence to get them all to safety over what must have been a very stressful period of time for you.

I have been in tears at seeing these pictures. I felt awful when my guinea pigs got ringworm and had just tiny patches of baldness etc...... and they were bring treated xx

Just a massive, huge well done from me xxx

I do find some of your comments on threads rather strange.

The aim of Honeybunnies was to get these poor piggies out of where they were being kept and bred in the most terrible conditions.

They have done an amazing job - and continue to do so.

May I suggest it would be more appropriate for you to concentrate your energies into offering support to everyone involved with the Rescue, fosterers etc, either on here, or in more practical ways, rather than anything else?

Of course, I agree that an amazing job has been done here, and I believe I've expressed that in previous posts.

But it isn't Honeybunny's job to diagnose that someone doesn't have a mental illness, and it's not anyone else's job on here either. People so quick to judge something they don't have all the facts about - I don't think anyone should be diagnosing anyone else unless they are medically qualified to do so. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that. Honeybunny said "she definitely isn't mentally ill". I asked what her qualifications are that she could definitively make that statement.

And without meaning to be rude, I'm going to continue to have opinions about things and discuss them with or without your approval or anyone else's. That makes no difference at all to whether I support rescues or similar. How do you know what I'm doing or what my contributions are?

What you're implying is that if you don't agree with me, I should shut up.

Of course, I agree that an amazing job has been done here, and I believe I've expressed that in previous posts.

But it isn't Honeybunny's job to diagnose that someone doesn't have a mental illness, and it's not anyone else's job on here either. People so quick to judge something they don't have all the facts about - I don't think anyone should be diagnosing anyone else unless they are medically qualified to do so. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that. Honeybunny said "she definitely isn't mentally ill". I asked what her qualifications are that she could definitively make that statement.
And without meaning to be rude, I'm going to continue to have opinions about things and discuss them with or without your approval or anyone else's. That makes no difference at all to whether I support rescues or similar. How do you know what I'm doing or what my contributions are?
What you're implying is that if you don't agree with me, I should shut up.
I think how you asked what my medical quals were came across as quite rude..also you argued that she was a hoarder..she wasn't..I KNOW that..
The point I was making..which I think everyone but you got, was the way she kept her guinea pigs had nothing whatsoever to do with a mental illness ..they were her stock..she bred to sell at places that are best avoided by animal lovers..they were a money maker for her. She did not have them due to a need to have pets..she did not collect them and refuse to let any go..she had other pets that were well looked after.
and to add I also think one of your post on my father's RB thread was at best tactless. When someone posts a thread of remembrance no one should then post on it " What happened 11 years ago? Google isn't helping at all."
Have you not heard of maybe private messaging someone to ask on such a sensitive issue?

I think how you asked what my medical quals were came across as quite rude..also you argued that she was a hoarder..she wasn't..I KNOW that..
The point I was making..which I think everyone but you got, was the way she kept her guinea pigs had nothing whatsoever to do with a mental illness ..they were her stock..she bred to sell at places that are best avoided by animal lovers..they were a money maker for her. She did not have them due to a need to have pets..she did not collect them and refuse to let any go..she had other pets that were well looked after.
and to add I also think one of your post on my father's RB thread was at best tactless. When someone posts a thread of remembrance no one should then post on it " What happened 11 years ago? Google isn't helping at all."
Have you not heard of maybe private messaging someone to ask on such a sensitive issue?

Well to be honest, I thought your "I'll be blunt" comment just before mine was a little rude, and I responded with a blunt comment myself. You didn't explain any reasons why you thought she wasn't a hoarder other than "she isn't a hoarder because I said so". And I never argued that she was a hoarder at all, just that it's a hard thing to diagnose and no one here is qualified to make that diagnosis (as far as I know) or to diagnose that she isn't.

Your remembrance thread is understandably an emotive issue for you. I asked a simple question because I couldn't find the answer after quite a lot of googling - it was in no way intended to upset anyone, and I said as much in a later post ("I'm very sorry for anyone affected by it, and I apologise if my ignorance has caused any pain."). The original post of that thread was vague enough that I assumed other people wouldn't know what it meant either, so asking for clarification publicly would provide them with the answer too.

I actually thought it would be more polite to ask in the thread (so that someone else could jump in if you didn't feel like you wanted to answer yourself) rather than private messaging you directly, and having other confused people ask you directly as well.

Back