• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkies......

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
Just wondering if any of your rabbits DONT binky. I've had my rescue rabbits for nearly 2 weeks now and I've never seen them binky or run around at top speed, my previous rabbit Fudge used to do it all the time, he was only 4 months though and wondered if age might play apart as Leo and Saxon are nearly 2.

I'm really worried they are not happy here, they live under the stairs but have access to the living room when we are home.

maybe it just takes them time. if they had two fairly bad years, it may take them time to adjust. Fluffy started binky straight away, but he didn't let me touch him for months. Bunbuns on the other hand let me touch her from very early on, but it took her a few months to really start to binky. now both do it all the time, but him always more than her. she makes more those cooing noises they make and loads of teeth purring. so I guess some will do it all more than others I guess

My first rabbit didn't binky. Grumpy little pain in the rump had all sorts of hay and toys and space (his own bedroom) interaction, etc and he didn't binky for the first year and a half I had him. We saw him do two binkies in his last week in this world after he'd get his CC and meds finished.
Give it time, it's magical when they finally do after not for so long.

1 of mine does it more often than the other but in the last 2-3 weeks I've hardly seen them do any. Like you, I was worried that they weren't happy. They seem to have gotten lazier in the last few weeks.

I remember reading about poor fudge a few weeks back :( so sad.

I wonder if maybe as they are a little older they are more cautious of new surroundings, and maybe they know another rabbit has been there?

I'm sure they will settle down for you in time, and if you are caring for them like you did fudge then they are very lucky rescue buns.

Thank you for your reassurance, it has only been 2 weeks they have been here and FredW your right, I don't know what life they had before they came here, they had been with a foster carer as well so they have had a lot of upheaval!!!
Because I don't work weekends I've been up early before my children and hubby and both rabbits have had a mad run around which is the first time I've seen them do it so I'm a little more happier that they relaxing more.
They also have a problem with the laminate floor, I've had to go out and buy rugs leading from under the stairs into the living room as they would go anywhere unless the floor was covered, Leo is getting a bit braver but Saxon will still not touch the floor so prehaps that plays apart.
I just love to see a bunny binkie, think it's a fantastic sight!! tstait45 thank you for you kind words, they are already very spoilt rescue buns!!!

Awww I remember their introduction thread.

I am sure they will be binkying away soon. Perhaps they are too busy investigating all their fab new toys/space!!!

a6551f5810dbe6d3b776f5c1657e2ae5.jpg
b8a95127782cbf3a9ff14cd7c40cdf61.jpg

Or sleeping and eating!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine don't very much unless they're on grass! Eat, sleep, clean: that's pretty much all we get! Well, apart from charging about for food, running around each other on the playhouse windowsill to get the best position, pushing each other about, trying to escape out of the playhouse door :roll: :lol: I think they're too busy looking for their next more-interesting-than-hay meal ;P

My first rabbit Ben did huge binkies all the time but our female doesn't. The only time I saw her binky is when she came home after being partnered with new husbun Fred, after Ben died at 2 years old. She had been in restricted quarters for a week and was obviously pleased to be home! Fred only does little tiny binkies (more like little tiny twitches) which he does when the food arrives. Both Fred and DeeDee are less than 3 years old. Perhaps some rabbits are more binky-ish (?!) than others? I wouldn't worry that they're not happy, I'm sure they are!

Back