• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fallen out

Rita

Warren Scout
hi not been on here for awhile.
i have two mini lops both boys have been neutered.
they live in a lovely big cattery with a shed attached with an upstairs bedroom area.
they have been really happy with just the odd fall out when they are running around outside in the garden.
Toffee is the dominate one and will boss Biscuit around.
a couple of days ago Toffee really had a go at Biscuit pulled out lots of fur Biscuit never retaliated and just runs away.
anyway i put them back into their house and Toffee kept up the fight and carried on trying to pull fur out.
i have put up a partition and took the ladder away so that they only have access to the downstairs area.
what i would like to know is will they ever become friends again, if so how long should i keep them separate.
any advice on what i should do next would be much appreciated. i really hate seeing them on their own, they can still see each other as i have put up a wire fence to separate them.

hi Tonibun thank you for your reply.
no nothing spook them, it just started to rain. Toffee can be really bossy and when he wants to go in he has to make sure Biscuit will go in as well. they can be really happy and run around very happy, then something will start Toffee off and he will chase Biscuit. This only ever happens when they are in the garden, never in their house. the problem is how am i going to get them to be friends again.
i have them in the cattery with a partition up and i put Toffee on one side and Biscuit on the other and the next day i swap them over. not sure if this is the right thing to do, but one side has the shed to run into and the other is smaller so i like to swap them so that they both get access to the bigger area. any advice would be great.

i managed to let them run free in the garden while i cleaned their house, and they were fine no fighting, so i will carry on letting them out a little time together each day on a short time basis. hope they will eventually become friends again.

Sounds like a bossy bun and a rather laid back one....bless you - not sure except to say I would do what you are doing but the sooner you can get them back together the better as time apart means they almost have to start again in some ways. Hope its working out ok.

Back