• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drowning in Guinea Pigs Rescue Part 6

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Today went back to collect more guinea pigs
We took out 25 to go to Tiny Paws Rescue
These are the ones they kindly took
Two lots of 8 sows

and 9 little boars ( one is hiding) some in a very poor state

Then we took 6 sows..all pregnant and some very poorly

Heavily pregnant now named Sequoia

Little girl now Solara

and her back :(

Daytona

and her back

Little pregnant girl in the worst state of the 6, now named Sunfire

and the state of her..despite her full of babies tum she is thin, covered in wounds and has been barbered by the others

Very lively young sow, Festiva

and an obviously about to pop girl now named Cimarron

There are 32 pigs left which are coming out on Tuesday as we have another kind offer from RSPCA Walsall to take 8 and we can manage the rest
PLEASE IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING ADOPTING A PIGGY OR TWO PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH!

and some nice news, Berlina who came out of same place in previous uplift gave birth to 4 little ones today
Here they are at 2 hours old :love: Beretta, Bronco, Blazer and Briska

How I wish I lived nearer to you, I would love to have some piggies. If you decide to have a break in Cornwall bring a couple with you!

Poor dear little things :cry:. I hope they will all make speedy recoveries, and find the loving forever homes they so deserve.

Sadly little Festiva has been fitting..this could be due to her untreated mites and/or fungal infection.
She will be treated for both but needs all the supporting vibes anyone can send :(

Sending loads of vibes for poor Festiva, I hope she hangs on so she can enjoy having a better treated life :love:

I'm so grateful you and other rescues are able to help all these piggies.

Millions of vibes from me, you and all of the other rescues involved really deserve a medal for all the work you have done with this rescue xx

They're stunning, will ask OH as we could potentially have another girl if they'd bond with my current neutered boar and female.

Sadly little Festiva has been fitting..this could be due to her untreated mites and/or fungal infection.
She will be treated for both but needs all the supporting vibes anyone can send :(

I've not experienced that before, but have heard it is common when the condition is advanced. :( Really hope she pulls through.

If only hubby would drive that far, they are adorable!

I am coming down to Warminster in about 2 weeks if that is near enough!

and little Festiva is still with us so fingers crossed we got her in time

Berlina's babies are also ok but VERY tiny :(

when we get the last lot out on Tusday which we think is 32..it means the total we have taken out...NOT including babies born just after rescue...will be 187 ! :shock:

I've actually already enquired with Alice at Windwhistle as my existing piggy has recently lost his friend but if I don't get any joy I may take you up on your offer. :D

Aww well done you wonderful rescuers. It warms my heart to think of these little sweeties being safe and well.

Sending vibes for Festina - hope she pulls through. I don't know how you have coped with all these piggies, even if they had all been healthy it would still have been horrendous.

I would have loved to have some if my circumstances were different - thank goodness you got them out.

and little Festiva is still with us so fingers crossed we got her in time

Berlina's babies are also ok but VERY tiny :(

when we get the last lot out on Tusday which we think is 32..it means the total we have taken out...NOT including babies born just after rescue...will be 187 ! :shock:

187... from the same place. I don't even know what to say other than I'm in awe of you for rescuing all these piggies. I really hope they all pull through.

If I were closer to you I'd offer some of my empty piggy hutches to you! There are a lot of piggy paws crossed here for you and these poor pigs.

Back