• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sudden thumping...Full moon?!

Bunny Magoo

Warren Scout
So Mr Magoo who has rarely thumped, spent last night thumping on and off all through the night. We gave him his veg just before bedtime and midway through munching he thumped and looked nervous and like he'd seen something. We tried to settle him but he kept thumping sporadically. We couldn't see anything (he doesn't like spiders!) His hay and litter tray are in a cage and he has free run of the spare bedroom where this is at night. The day before we'd moved the cage slightly so thought this might of upset him so moved it back, but the thumping continued. My husband stayed up with him for a while and Mr Magoo was fine when he was in the living room, but after going back to the bunny room again the thumping returned! His companion Daisy who is a nervous bunny was completely unphased by it. My only thoughts are that there was a full moon last night, crazy as it may sound could this of caused it?
Just worried as nothing has changed but don't want my little man to get stressed!

We have had a few fireworks near us recently. Luckily my boys don't seem too bothered and just carry on regardless.

Might be some going off that he can hear that maybe make him thump. Might even be really quiet to is, but scaring him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was really weird as he was only doing it in their room and it was all through the night. It was like he could see something in the room as he kept creeping and was in stealth mode. He's been a happy bunny this evening with several happy flops! Hopefully bedtime will be a bit easier tonight!

Back