• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stopped using her litter tray

xxx_Ra_xxx

Warren Scout
Rosie was spayed on Wednesday, before this she used her litter tray 99% of the time with the odd poop here and there. Now she is going beside the litter tray but on the cage base that she was in. What can I do to make her use her litter tray again? Any advice would be great :)

A big upheaval such as a spay can interrupt their litter tray habits. She will get back to normal eventually, just be patient with her.

And maybe just put some used toilet stained hay or bedding back in the usual litter tray ... Old habits die hard but probably need a wee bit of patience.

Good luck x

Thanks she doing it on blankets, she never used to, what should I use wood chips again then move them into the tray thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to hear, I'll work with her again. Thankfully she's going to the cage base and no just anywhere [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use wood chips, I've never used them so don't know what they are like. I would take the blanket away - can you put some newspaper down so she isn't tempted to use the blanket.

Back