• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on owning single bun

Calathea

Young Bun
After the passing of his brother, Alfie is now a single bun which is something I know isn't ideal as they're so social. Is there anything I can do to help him cope with being on his own?

The plan is to find him a wife once he's been neutered but that won't be for a few months yet and I don't want him to become stressed or lonely in the mean time. Any tips for caring for a single baby bun would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently going through this too.. Honey is a house rabbit so has always been close to us, but we have literally brought loads of new toys for her, she has a new tunnel and new cardboard castle. She also has 2 cuddly toys, I know this might sound weird but one is a sheep and the other a little rabbit toy.. She never cuddles up to them, but daily does go up to them, start grooming or just sniff and nudge them by their ears. So a cuddly toy might help?

Although she is already in the house with us, we do pay her lots of attention even if it's just sitting on the floor in the evening and she can always come up to us if she wants. I have also added a few more extra treats of forage into her diet to keep her active and eating.

I hope this helps and your little bunny is okay xx

Back