• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny help - Update

Rose24

Warren Scout
Hello,

Any advice greatly appreciated

I have two new baby bunnies. I am waiting to bond them until they are spayed. They currently can see each other but can't get to each other.

We got Penny and she is full of confidence and seems very happy. Last week Mae came to us and she will not come anywhere near us and is so skittish. Tonight I had her upstairs on the bed to try and bond with her and she made such a strange noise. She doesn't lick or sniff us and doesn't seem to play. I am so worried about her. I just want them to all be happy.

What can I do to help her settle?

Thank you for your help and support ☺️

Last edited:
Rabbits all have different personalities, some are vert confident but some are not. The girls are usually more scared of us than the boys, but not always. So you just need to let your bunny settle in and feel safe, it might not happen overnight, so you need to be patient and always be kind to her, then she will start to come out of her shell. :thumb:

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if her seeing Penny is causing her worry when we are out at work. I just want to do the very best for them.

I wonder if anyone can shed some more light on this. Our baby bunny Mae was upstairs with me and I'd got her a box filled with hay. She was happy to sniff me etc. went to give her another toy and she lunged forwards, pushed me with her two front feet and growled. I have never had this happen before. I was really quiet, no sharp movements.

She does seem a little better with my husband

Any advice would be so appreciated

Is Mae a Netherland Dwarf? this is quite normal behaviour for some rabbits especially Nethies but hopefully as she gets older and learns to trust you she will stop doing it. I think it's because they are scared so try to keep us at bay.

Thanks for your reply. Mae is a standard Rex. I have Penny who is a Rex cross. I have them in two separate pens but they can see each other. Could this be causing them stress? Mae is 10 weeks so I thought this would be too early to be hormonal?

I don't think the fact that they can see one another would be stressful . Did she come straight from the breeder?

Back