• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding process ... Overnight update!

Helenmarie85

Warren Scout
As my other thread was to say they had had their op's, I thought i'd start this one about putting them back together. They have been apart for 2 or 3 weeks now and now back together indoors in the crate. So far they are doing good. Buster initially chased Rosie around the crate for a good 5 minutes. They are tolerating each other now, although Rosie isn't moving about much, I guess he has proved his dominance. They have been fed together and at first ate ok .. but then he wouldn't let her eat .. normal ?? He has been hoping about like crazy while she lays in a corner. He has been washing her as well. If she does move he likes to go investigate what she is doing .. not sure also if he's trying to hump her ?? He appears to try to get on her but fails lol!!If he does get on her it won't hurt her will it ?? But so far they seem to be doing ok.

Last edited:
This should calm down soonish - where will they be living normally? You will have to judge whether everything will be ok overnight and if you are not sure you will either have to camp out downstairs :lol: or separate them for the night. You shouldn't need to do this though.

They will normally be in the hutch. I'm gonna clean it all out tomorrow so its all fresh and hopefully scent free (if thats possiable) I think they should be ok .. to be honest its not actually that violent. He may chases her for a few secs then give up and have a wash or try and dig through the towel :D Theres no fur flying about or strange noises. I normally stir a few times a night so if need be can come down and pop my head around the door. If i'm honest its actually going a lot better than I thought it would!!

Well overnight was successful ... today they are as if they have never been apart!! Seems they have fallen back in love :love:

I'm pleased it went so well ... much easier than I thought it would be. I'm so glad I put them together and let them crack on. All day they have just been snuggling next to each other bless them!!

Yay :love: Since that worked out much quicker than you thought can you pop over here & sort my 3 out please:lol:

Haha!! I was dreading it .. mostly because of her wound I was worried about opening up with her running away from him. But they seemed to have sorted their differences now lol!!!

Yay :love: Since that worked out much quicker than you thought can you pop over here & sort my 3 out please:lol:

Oh c'mon :lol: You're three have the enviable task of keeping their Mummy on her toes - physically and metaphorically speaking :lol:

Back