• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's next for Honey

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Thanks so much for your support over the last few weeks! I can't thank you enough xx

Honeys happiness is the most important now and I am really struggling to work out what to do! Our lounge is currently a rabbit playground.. And she is eating and keeping active which is such a relief.

Now over the last couple of weeks, honey has become so close to me and my partner, she is literally like glue.. And whatever room we are in, she has to be too! Now I must admit, she has always been close but can't help feeling she is really really missing Harvey and I know it's not fair keeping her on her own.

Me personally, I don't really feel ready for another rabbit but know I have got to start looking for honeys sake. Now my problem is, I want honey to remain in the house but if we got another bunny, would this cause problems and would she get really territorial?

Also what kind of bunny shall I go for? I have asked around and know of some young babies who are a unwanted litter but have also come across a bunny on rabbit rescue website! i honestly don't know what to do??

I know people tend to take their bunnies to rescue centres to bond, but honestly with honey as she currently is, I don't want to leave her with anyone else and want her to remain at home where she belongs. Even when I go outside, she jumps in the window to watch me..

Sorry for all the questions, but I honestly don't know what's going to be best for her? Xx

Its lovely your putting Honey first despite you not feeling ready. I'd still be inclined to get a rescue bunny so there's no vaccination & spaying stress & you can bond them together, forever. I'd personally go for a rescue that does an initial introductory date. I've always had house buns & they (the bereaved bunny) has always chosen their mate this way. I've never struggled to bond a pair (my trio is a different story:lol:) within a day or 2. If there's a room Honey hasn't followed you in to (bless her) you could bond them initially in there? I don't like the idea of other people bonding for me either, I want them here with me, where I can ensure they aren't hurt & get loads watching how they interact

Thanks joey&boo.. Really appreciate your advice!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I didn't want people thinking I was obsessed.. But I just know honey & how much of a little stress head she can be. I'm going to keep an eye out and see what bunnies jump out at me. She's got such a gentle but very cheeky little personality so need quite a chilled out little boy! Xx

You're welcome . That phot:love:o, she is such a stunner. Its good she is bonding so tightly with you in the meantime

Its lovely your putting Honey first despite you not feeling ready. I'd still be inclined to get a rescue bunny so there's no vaccination & spaying stress & you can bond them together, forever. I'd personally go for a rescue that does an initial introductory date. I've always had house buns & they (the bereaved bunny) has always chosen their mate this way. I've never struggled to bond a pair (my trio is a different story:lol:) within a day or 2. If there's a room Honey hasn't followed you in to (bless her) you could bond them initially in there? I don't like the idea of other people bonding for me either, I want them here with me, where I can ensure they aren't hurt & get loads watching how they interact

Yes, I agree with this. I dont like the idea of sending Rabbit's elsewhere for bonding either. I'd certainly try to establish one room that is temporarily out of bounds for Honey now. Then as j&b said, you can use that room for the bonding process.

Thanks joey&boo.. Really appreciate your advice!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I didn't want people thinking I was obsessed.. But I just know honey & how much of a little stress head she can be. I'm going to keep an eye out and see what bunnies jump out at me. She's got such a gentle but very cheeky little personality so need quite a chilled out little boy! Xx

That's usually the way bunnies come to me :D

In the meantime, if you're not quite ready, then it sounds like she's getting a lot of attention and isn't too depressed?

Thanks both!

Both me and Martin do work, but I'm lucky in that I'm only about 15 mins away and everyday come home on my lunch hour, to give her a fenugreek & bit of company to break up the day! She'll sit by the door waiting.. Bless her :love:

But as soon as we're home, we always make a fuss of her and really is spoilt! Being honest she does have her mad hour in the evenings but also goes quiet sometimes and will just hide in her castle! :(

both me and Martin will sit on the floor and play with her in the evenings and as soon as we go to bed, she rushes in after us and settles down under the bed. of course I'll remain to keep a close eye on her and as soon as we notice she is going quieter or slightly depressed, but thank you xxx

Aww it sounds as if you both have a lovely relationship with Honey.

I hope you find a lovely laid back friend for her.

Back