• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting boys

Hi my mated pair willow and Leo had 2 baby's in February before i had them neutered. I was lead to belive one girl and one boy. They were all happy living together I got my boy neutered next and he was fine then just after the girl started fighting with the boys. I thought she may of been pregnant so separated her to then realise a week or so later she was actually a boy. He has now been castrated and I have tried to introduce him back to the others through a run wire but they go mad trying to attack each other. I really want him to be able to live back with his family. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Your best chance of getting him back with his family is to put them all in a neutral area, somewhere they have never been to see how they react. You might be lucky but there is no guarantee that they won't fight again, even though they are family. Keep them in this neutral area for a week before returning them to their original area. If they still fight I think you will have to separate him off again. Hope you are lucky. Out of curiosity, is the other son in submission to Dad?

The problem is I don't have a neutral area to put 4 bunny's. The other 2 boys and mam just lick and groom each other there is never a slight squabble so not sure. They are all so gentle. I tried with just the other little boy yesterday as a start but they kept trying to attack each other through the run. It is horrible since they are such lovely natured rabbits that I now have this problem

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Most brothers do fall out at around 14 weeks and you have to keep them separated or they will keep on fighting. Even when both are neutered. Dad will be the dominant rabbit and the other boy will be in submission to him, but even here a time might come when the younger one wants to be dominant. But maybe not as I have never had this kind of set up. Even when rabbits are gentle they are still rabbits and want to follow certain traits that are instinctive in them.

Sounds mad but can you neutralise the bathroom and put them in there... Its easy to clean after...

All the best!

Fee x

Just read your post again and you say they are being aggressive through the wire divide. This is quite normal and gives you no clues as to how they will behave when actually put together. So please don't go off this.

Back