• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missing My lovely Fudge

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
Hi All,

I've posted a few times on the forum since getting my little Netherland dwarf Fudge. Sadly on Wednesday he went in to be neutered and died. The vet phoned me while I was at work to inform me and I was distraught....got sent home and have spent the past few days crying and feeling so guilty that I took him to the vet to die. Deep down I know I was doing the right thing as He needed a friend but he was a fab bunny and I still can't believe he's gone!!! He made my day, coming home from work the past few days has been horrible as I expect to see him and have some 'mommy and Fudge' bonding as my boys called it (their computer time!!)
I've been In touch with Fat Fluffs and have found a beautiful bunny who I hope to adopt along with his brother to fill the rabbit shaped hole Fudge has left in my home and heart (fill not replace!!)

f2975398eb6c07990063fb3947b8c8f6.jpg
37626f202330bd6838f7f37fe278655f.jpg

The last pictures I took of Fudge the day before he passed away!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aww I am so sorry to hear, he looks like he was an adorable wee rabbit. Good luck with your new rabbits. I look forward to seeing pictures xx

So sorry, Fudge was a beautiful boy that's for sure. Hope your new buns settle in well when you get them. X

Oh no I'm so sorry. You absolutely were doing the right thing though - you couldn't have known that he wouldn't get through the op. He was absolutely gorgeous. I know your new bunnies won't replace him, but they will be a welcome distraction and I bet you will feel better having them around.

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I had brothers from the same litter, they were neutered on the same day and Flip sadly passed away on the table. I hope you can see that you were doing the right thing and that there was no way that you could know that your beautiful bunny Fudge was like my Flip. They can never be replaced in our hearts, but I hope another bunny can swell your heart with extra love xxx.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and reassurance, ive got my many pictures and brilliant memories to keep him going in my heart.
My husband took me to the rabbit rescue centre yesterday and I have fallen in love with 2 lion lop X bunnies (that's a lie I fell in love with all the bunnies there but my husband put his foot down and said I can only have 2 booooo!!!)
I am booked in to have a home check next Saturday morning and fingers crossed all goes well and we could potentially pick them up Saturday afternoon!
These bunnies have made me smile again.......but Fudge you will never be forgotten!!!

So very sorry, how tragic.:cry: Fudge was a gorgeous little bun and you were doing the right thing by getting him neutered, its so sad he passed away. Hugs xxx

24bf94554b2bc0f83d4c31c9a7f13a54.jpg

Thought I'd share this. Had a call from the vet to say Fudge's ashes were there and ready to be collected. Was going to send my husband for them tomorrow but thought I'd be brave and get them myself.
So glad I did......this is so lovely and I never expected it when they offered to cremate him for me! He is now sat next to a picture of my mom who passed away 10 years ago. Hopefully she is looking after him for me!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry to read about Fudge, but that's a really lovely way to remember him. Hope all goes well with the new bunnies xxx

I'm so sad to read this. Poor little Fudge. As you say though, it was unavoidable. Bunnies need to be neutered. Big hugs for you.

Back