• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rip Cally, Betty and unnamed baby

Oh Claire I'm so sorry :-( fish are so sensitive and even the smallest thing seems to massacre a tank. I know it's hard (we've had some horrific fish deaths as of late) maybe you could join a fish forum and they could possibly help (I'm on fishlore and after you remember some people are jerks I mean passionate and it's really very helpful)
Rip fishies

You are not silly. I get really upset when I loose fish too - I think more so because there's never any time to help them - they just seem to be found that way or despite medications, water tests etc I never know why. It's so frustrating.

We had three little fish and one by one they just died about a week apart from each other. Luckily before we threw out the tank we noticed there was one tiny baby fish swimming about, so we've popped him in his own little tank. We've bought three more fish and are being super super meticulous about everything - cleaning everything thoroughly before putting it in the tank, making sure the water temperature is just right etc. We've lost so many fish randomly. They seem fine one day and then the next a whole tank can be gone! It's such a shame because although they are 'only fish' they are lovely to watch and you do get a bit attached to them don't you.

Fish are wonderful, and some have seriously big personalities (our albino shark and albino corys especially are the "highlights" of our tank). When I was doing a water change this week, I discovered one of our oldest female guppies had died. It's sad. :(

There's no such thing as something being "just" a "insert pet here". If you bond with them, you bond with them. Mourn them the way you need to.

I hope you can discover the "issue" with the tank, however, and it stabilises.

I love our corys, we've got five altogether including two albinos. They're my favourites as they're such clowns. They chase each other and bomb into the ottos.

Back