• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

... some successful rehoming vibes ?? UD their other bunny now for rehoming!!

How anyone can think it's OK to house Rabbits in that prison I really dont know :cry: How can they even hop once, they must have to crawl to move :cry:

I've just seen this for sale! This is where Eliza was living when I went to collect her nearly a year ago. She was living on the bottom storey with a baby English living on the top, there was a cold wind and they had no shelter :cry: I've no idea how tall it is but about 4ft long so maybe about 15" tall? :cry::cry:

I would've bought it to burn it, BB :evil:

Did you get to find out what happened to the second bun?) x

Sadly not. I had originally been preparing to see her advertised and go and get her but at the time she was advertised I’d just taken on Scally who had multiple health problems including possibly needing frequent dentals so I just had to distance myself from her. I was glad she was up for sale in November and not have to live the whole of the winter in that awful hutch … I would have been fretting about her through the winter otherwise.

ive only just read this too and was wondering how things where going with eliza, That has got to be an homemade cage not even the worst petshops would sell that.

She’s a real cuddle bun now, she loves nose rubs and if I lay my arm flat she will come and lie with her head pushed against my arm wanting a fuss. It took a while but I felt that were always something in her eyes that told me she wanted to trust.

I'm half tempted to buy said "hutch" just to prevent any poor rabbits being stuck in it.
I know a few ferret owners who'd have good use for it when they have ferrets that need individual feeding.

It’s in Lancashire and £25, not very practical to move 150+ miles but that’s the score.

It might also be useful for drying forage?

How anyone can think it's OK to house Rabbits in that prison I really dont know :cry: How can they even hop once, they must have to crawl to move :cry:

It breaks your heart, doesn’t it? She did, so I was told, get a lot of time loose in the back yard and the back street and main road as she had a habit of squeezing under the gate… *shudders* I cringe at the thought of a 2kg lop in there but a full grown English with uppy ears *cries*

I would've bought it to burn it, BB :evil:

I couldn’t at the time as it wasn’t for sale as the English bun was living in it. As for now it would be like burning £25, money I don’t have to waste.. that money could go on a Filavac vaccination, bag and half of Excel etc etc. Sadly my take on it is if someone was to buy that for their rabbits then if this one is off the market they will find and use something equally unsuitable that they deem acceptable…

I couldn’t at the time as it wasn’t for sale as the English bun was living in it. As for now it would be like burning £25, money I don’t have to waste.. that money could go on a Filavac vaccination, bag and half of Excel etc etc. Sadly my take on it is if someone was to buy that for their rabbits then if this one is off the market they will find and use something equally unsuitable that they deem acceptable…

Ah I see :) Your original post said you saw it for sale, hence my confusion and determination to reduce it to firewood!

Ah I see :) Your original post said you saw it for sale, hence my confusion and determination to reduce it to firewood!

When you say original post, do you mean last October or last night? It was for sale with Eliza when first advertised but a day later when readvertised it was just Eliza as they'd decided to kept the hutch for the rabbit they effectively replaced her with... then moved on a month later :evil:

It is currently for sale for £25 if there's any confusion...

I'll see if a few of the ferret owners in that area will have use for it. If so could I PM you for the ad details?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

When you say original post, do you mean last October or last night? It was for sale with Eliza when first advertised but a day later when readvertised it was just Eliza as they'd decided to kept the hutch for the rabbit they effectively replaced her with... then moved on a month later :evil:

It is currently for sale for £25 if there's any confusion...

Your most recent post :D

I'll see if a few of the ferret owners in that area will have use for it. If so could I PM you for the ad details?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes. There's also the rabbit owners congregating at Harrogate in 2.5 weeks time so it may be possible to transport it to another location with a bit of planning. ... that said, looking at it, I'm not convinced even with the legs taken off that it would fit in my car so not sure I could assist.

I'll keep checking the ad and post if it's taken down.

There is no 'Law' about hutch sizes, just 'Recommendations' :cry:

I know, it's absolutely bananas. You couldn't keep a labrador in a George Foreman grill! Makes me want to dress as a rabbit and throw myself in front of a steeplechase. Though that might come across as a somewhat confusing message.

Sadly not. I had originally been preparing to see her advertised and go and get her but at the time she was advertised I’d just taken on Scally who had multiple health problems including possibly needing frequent dentals so I just had to distance myself from her. I was glad she was up for sale in November and not have to live the whole of the winter in that awful hutch … I would have been fretting about her through the winter otherwise.

Yes, I understand and your right, at least she was up for sale and obviously hasn't gone with that hutch thankfully x

I don't think I could use that as a chest of drawers to fit my socks and underwear in! :shock: :evil:

Ye gods...poor bunnies. :(

there should be laws in place for the poor buns sake, i think if people really knew how much space a rabbit needs it would put a lot off buying them. Not to mention the work that goes into them. The people that shut a bun up in a hutch 24/7 and never let them out must never have seen a bun binky high in the air and race round changing directions at 30mph finishing with a 3ft binky, IF they had seen them do this they would sit for hours watching them and never want to lock the up again, never mind in that matchbox

there should be laws in place for the poor buns sake, i think if people really knew how much space a rabbit needs it would put a lot off buying them. Not to mention the work that goes into them. The people that shut a bun up in a hutch 24/7 and never let them out must never have seen a bun binky high in the air and race round changing directions at 30mph finishing with a 3ft binky, IF they had seen them do this they would sit for hours watching them and never want to lock the up again, never mind in that matchbox

If only people would stop for a moment and put themselves in the place of the animal they are confining to a small space. :cry:

Thanks everybody. It's so exciting. I just feel from one still photo of this bunny that she is a very lovely rabbit.

I was so right, too. She was an absolute treasure. She took no ****from anyone. She had so much spirit about her that when she was staying at the vets as the companion rabbit, the nurses could not get to the patient rabbit as she was so protective.

Eliza trusted me enough to ask for fusses, which was a real honour given her background. She lived happily with Skunk until her final day

Eliza developed cataracts, probably as a result of EC. She was blind for some time but still very much Eliza. One of her eyes developed a nasty infection and had to be removed. She coped well with the recovery but sadly it became obvious the infection was still in her head and spreading.. it was inoperable and became stronger than her last week.

RIP Eliza, it was a massive honour to know and love you.

I was so right, too. She was an absolute treasure. She took no ****from anyone. She had so much spirit about her that when she was staying at the vets as the companion rabbit, the nurses could not get to the patient rabbit as she was so protective.

Eliza trusted me enough to ask for fusses, which was a real honour given her background. She lived happily with Skunk until her final day

Eliza developed cataracts, probably as a result of EC. She was blind for some time but still very much Eliza. One of her eyes developed a nasty infection and had to be removed. She coped well with the recovery but sadly it became obvious the infection was still in her head and spreading.. it was inoperable and became stronger than her last week.

RIP Eliza, it was a massive honour to know and love you.

I’m so sorry you lost her :cry: binky free at the bridge little one xx

Back