Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ... some successful rehoming vibes ?? UD their other bunny now for rehoming!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EyerollChamp View Post
    THAT IS NOT A HUTCH WHAT

How is that even legal??
    I know. It looks like something you'd keep plates warm in.

An antediluvian hostess trolley .. not something to keep a live animal in

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    There is no 'Law' about hutch sizes, just 'Recommendations'
    I know, it's absolutely bananas. You couldn't keep a labrador in a George Foreman grill! Makes me want to dress as a rabbit and throw myself in front of a steeplechase. Though that might come across as a somewhat confusing message.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I know. It looks like something you'd keep plates warm in.

An antediluvian hostess trolley .. not something to keep a live animal in
    I wouldn't subject even my chipped mish-mash of tasteless crockery to such demeaning treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Sadly not. I had originally been preparing to see her advertised and go and get her but at the time she was advertised Id just taken on Scally who had multiple health problems including possibly needing frequent dentals so I just had to distance myself from her. I was glad she was up for sale in November and not have to live the whole of the winter in that awful hutch I would have been fretting about her through the winter otherwise.
    Yes, I understand and your right, at least she was up for sale and obviously hasn't gone with that hutch thankfully x

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EyerollChamp View Post
    I wouldn't subject even my chipped mish-mash of tasteless crockery to such demeaning treatment!
    Indeed!

I don't think I could use that as a chest of drawers to fit my socks and underwear in!

Ye gods...poor bunnies.

Mama Doe

there should be laws in place for the poor buns sake, i think if people really knew how much space a rabbit needs it would put a lot off buying them. Not to mention the work that goes into them. The people that shut a bun up in a hutch 24/7 and never let them out must never have seen a bun binky high in the air and race round changing directions at 30mph finishing with a 3ft binky, IF they had seen them do this they would sit for hours watching them and never want to lock the up again, never mind in that matchbox

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    there should be laws in place for the poor buns sake, i think if people really knew how much space a rabbit needs it would put a lot off buying them. Not to mention the work that goes into them. The people that shut a bun up in a hutch 24/7 and never let them out must never have seen a bun binky high in the air and race round changing directions at 30mph finishing with a 3ft binky, IF they had seen them do this they would sit for hours watching them and never want to lock the up again, never mind in that matchbox

If only people would stop for a moment and put themselves in the place of the animal they are confining to a small space.

Thanks everybody. It's so exciting. I just feel from one still photo of this bunny that she is a very lovely rabbit.
    I was so right, too. She was an absolute treasure. She took no ****from anyone. She had so much spirit about her that when she was staying at the vets as the companion rabbit, the nurses could not get to the patient rabbit as she was so protective.

Eliza trusted me enough to ask for fusses, which was a real honour given her background. She lived happily with Skunk until her final day

Eliza developed cataracts, probably as a result of EC. She was blind for some time but still very much Eliza. One of her eyes developed a nasty infection and had to be removed. She coped well with the recovery but sadly it became obvious the infection was still in her head and spreading.. it was inoperable and became stronger than her last week.

RIP Eliza, it was a massive honour to know and love you.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

I was so right, too. She was an absolute treasure. She took no ****from anyone. She had so much spirit about her that when she was staying at the vets as the companion rabbit, the nurses could not get to the patient rabbit as she was so protective.

Eliza trusted me enough to ask for fusses, which was a real honour given her background. She lived happily with Skunk until her final day

Eliza developed cataracts, probably as a result of EC. She was blind for some time but still very much Eliza. One of her eyes developed a nasty infection and had to be removed. She coped well with the recovery but sadly it became obvious the infection was still in her head and spreading.. it was inoperable and became stronger than her last week.

RIP Eliza, it was a massive honour to know and love you.
    I’m so sorry you lost her binky free at the bridge little one xx