• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey - rest in peace my gorgeous baby xx

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
My gorgeous little man!

I am in tears writing this but want to give you the send off you deserve.

After my friend having an accidental litter, the moment I saw you I knew instantly you were coming home with me! I remember your little sad face when taking you from all your 5 sisters and after honey came running out after you, she had to come two! :)

I couldn't believe how quickly our life changed, you two tinkers filled my heart with so much love & joy! Even as babies, although you were very cheeky you we're so good and never chewed anything. You followed each other everywhere & was always cuddled up! You we're inseparable!

Along comes Boxing Day and I remember coming back from the kitchen & saw you having a cheeky hump! I felt so guilty splitting you both & remember those big brown eyes looking so upset with me. But you both remained so close always up and sniffing each other when you had chance! I'll never forget the first time you sprayed up the wall, I spent over an hour cleaning down the wall & Martin didn't even realise! I turned around after putting away all my cleaning products and off you went again.. Good job daddy was a painter & decorator!! :)

Then we had that awful awful incident. I was so nervous for you being neutered & took the next few days off so I'd be at home to look after you. What happened next was unforgivable and I'll never ever forgive that vet for what she did to you! I will get justice for you baby, that's a promise!! The moment I found out it was both your back legs my heart broke, I cried all night long, but you were so brave & such a trooper. We really we're thrown in at the deep end, I had no idea how to give you medication & feed every 2 hours. Times were so hard, but we got through it as a family, you were such an angel.. And after everything our relationship grew so close! You were my little baby & after a hard 5 weeks we finally had the go ahead to have your pins removed. I remember feeling so proud of you, surviving & fighting all the way. Not forgetting your little sister who was always there for you, she would lie next to your cage every night & always be trying to get in Your cage to groom you! You had the most amazing bond! :)

After we got honey spayed, on day 5 I decided to just let you both out together to see each other, again another best feeling. You ran straight over to her, nudged her & stuck your head right under hers. I remember telling you 'no Harvey, honey is poorly you should be looking after her' and you instantly started grooming her. It was such a magical moment, you both snuggled up together & didn't even have to re-bond you. From that point onwards, I just left both your little pens open & you we're fine. Not one fight or anything, apart from you doing some dodgy humping bless you, but you soon settled down. You both had full access to all the bungalow & you were both brilliant. I remember going to work & thinking oh god what was I going to come home too. But the house was absolutely fine, I was so proud of you both. Until we came to that Friday afternoon & you little devil managed to squeeze behind the tv & chewed the tv wire. I remember blaming honey & she was always trying to squeeze behind the unit & was adamant it was her. But we taped it all up walked into the kitchen & caught you red handed sitting their with the wire in your mouth! After a firm no, you listened & never went round their again.

The fireplace.. Oh Harvey the fireplace is just not the same, I miss seeing you all relaxed and cuddled up together on it! :(

But back to Feb, After having your pins out & building up your confidence again, you developed nasty eye ulcers, we went months treating your eyes, you having eye drops every morning & night. Again you were amazing, you would never struggle & always be patient with me, until you got smart & wouldn't stay still unless mummy had a fenugreek on the side ready to give you afterwards. But then honey would pick up on this & help herself.. You were both crafty & made me laugh so much how you would plot, one of you distracting me & the other raiding the treat box, which was always you Mr! :)

Your little eyes had ups and downs, at one point they got really bad and you had to have a keratotomy. Another operation, I was so worried for you but again you got through it & I stayed by your side all night. I just lied down on the floor & you would cuddle down around my hand. How you loved to cuddle up next me to.. You were always a mummy's boy & loved nothing more than following me, and coming up to me, nudge me & drop your head waiting for me to give you head rubs. You were such a tinker & swear you would stay their for hours if I continued to stroke you.

The times you made me smile was endless, the day I drove up the drive and saw you on the windowsill, I ran from the car into the house to grab you but you had jumped off & was waiting for me by the door. I thought I was going mad & dreamt it but that weekend I walked Into the lounge & once again you were sitting on the window sill.. I almost died inside but you just looked at me and quickly jumped down, you did make me laugh.

The week when the mornings were getting lighter! you never came into our bedroom, it's like you knew that was the one room that was mum's to get some peace. But every morning at 4am you'd come running in, upto my side of the bed and nudge my hand. The first time you did it, I nearly had a heart attack, but you soon got in quite the routine coming in & waking me up so I'd feed you your morning pellets, you'd gobble them up & then settle down on the fireplace & wouldn't hear a peep until 6.30, when you & honey would start digging in the litter tray! But after 2 weeks, you gradually got better & let me lay in till 6ish.

Then you got poorly, the first time you went into gut stasis.. I stayed up through the night with you, knowing I had my appraisal that morning at 8am, but at 4 I knew you wasn't right & didn't even hesitate not to rush you down the vets. You fort so hard & started eating within 24 hours, I was so proud of you & so excited to pick you up & bring you home! As soon as you jumped out of this carrier, you headed straight to the fire place & sighed! You was home & so happy to be back home :)

Then only 3 days later, you stopped eating again & got so dehydrated, again I rushed you down to the vets With honey at your side, I was crying my heart out.. You were so floppy, I actually thought you we're going to die then & there! :(

They rushed you straight in & ran so many tests, I was told to say my goodbye as it was less than 50% you'd make it through the night! I was heart broken.. I stayed awake all night, ringing every 2 hours, the staff hated me but you survived!! After that you kept on fighting, you had good and bad days, you had your CT scan & needed an emergency operation. I rushed from work, gave you a huge kiss & cuddle before you went in, told you to keep strong. I waited, and waited 2 hours later and the relief to hear you we're okay! I carried on waiting & didn't leave till I saw you, you were still very wobbly, but still managed to hop to me for a stroke! It was horrible you being at the vets all that time but I made sure I saw you every other night & stayed for the weekend. Oh Harvey.. How I hoped & prayed you would get through this, but you fort so hard, you just couldn't carry on!

I remained with you throughout & can't believe my little boy has gone!

Harvey you touched so many peoples hearts and you will never be forgotten. Sleep tight my amazing little trooper.

We all miss you so much and have left such an empty whole in all our hearts!

Love you always & forever Harvey, you were my world & Always will be xxxxxxxxx

Thank you to everyone on here, all your lovely & amazing support & comments have been so appreciated throughout Harvey's life & helping me so much over the last week. You really are wonderful people, each & every one of you & from the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU!! Xxxxx

Oh Ruth, my heart breaks for you - I truly understand how you feel :cry:

I'm so terribly sorry that Harvey couldn't pull through, he was a brave little guy and he had a very special mummy taking care of him.

I hope you are ok, sending lots of love to you and Honey.

Sweet dreams precious Harvey xx

Dear Ruthy,

Your tribute to Harvey captured the special bond you and Honey had with your amazing boy. The love oozes between the words like hot fudge.
It is heartwrenching to hear of his loss after you overcame so many obstacles during his young life.
Sleep tight little one and ever watch over your special person and sister.

Beautiful heartfelt words Ruthy. I will never forget Harvey, he was such a brave courageous little bunny, an inspiration. I wish with all my heart, the outcome could have been different, but no one could have done more, or nobun could have fought harder. He will always live on in your heart. My love to you, and little Honey xxxxxx

Aww, he was a beautiful rabbit. So sorry for your loss, seems like a lot of pets seem to be passing lately.

Oh Harvey!! You were so beautiful. Binky free gorgeous. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely rabbit he was. I'm sorry he's gone, your tribute makes it clear that you loved him dearly and he loved you.

Such a beautiful tribute for such a handsome special little man, binky free little Harvey, gone but never forgotten xx

:cry: :cry:
Such a lovely fitting tribute for a very special bunny, I felt every word you said. Such a beautiful bond you had with him and so unfair he was taken so early from you xx
Binky free Harvey, you amazing trooper. Xx
Ruth, love to you, Martin and Honey xx

Back