• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a potential girlfriend for Guybrush

Bethy

Young Bun
Hello,

As some of you may know I just adopted a 5 month old crossbreed called Guybrush.

I've been contacting rescues to try to find a girlfriend for him for after his neutering and have found a rescue with a neutered chocolate brown girl who is around 18 months old and is currently happily living with both male and female rabbits.

I'm planning to take Guybrush along for a date when I go and see her but am after some tips for if they get along and she does come home with me.

I currently have one cage which lives in the kitchen where he has freedom to roam around. Do I need a separate cage for her? I've not bonded rabbits in years and the last time I did it we just went along to the rescue where he had a few speed dates, picked a girlfriend he liked and they lived together happily from then on.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

You don't need to buy another cage as long as you have a neutral area to put them in for a few days? Just to make sure they are getting along. The kitchen is Guy's territory and although males are not as territorial as females you don't want to push your luck. I do hope it goes successfully.

You don't need to buy another cage as long as you have a neutral area to put them in for a few days? Just to make sure they are getting along. The kitchen is Guy's territory and although males are not as territorial as females you don't want to push your luck. I do hope it goes successfully.
I could set them up in the bathroom for a few days as that's pretty neutral. I'd obviously supervise them closely to ensure there were no big scraps. Thanks for the reply. :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Back