• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonds without grooming

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
I was wondering if anyone has or has had bonded bunnies who never groom.My Sam and his new wife Saffi (bonded a ,month)seem comfortable together and there isn't any aggression although it was a tricky bond to begin with but theres little interaction and no grooming.Saffi is abit aloof anyway but sweet and despite her appalling past being used as a breeding machine in a 2ftx1ft box she is fine with me and is learning to trust me after just a week.Sam is a softy though and LOVES to be groomed going by his past behaviour with his 2 previous wives.
Maybe they will given time when they've had more time to settle.
My 2 other pairs are different too.Milly and Brucie cant get enough of each other and snuggle all day and Morris and Rosie spend a lot of time apart(more Morrises idea than Rosies)but obviously love each other and groom often.
What kinds of bunny bonds are there among the RU bunnies?:)

I was wondering if anyone has or has had bonded bunnies who never groom.My Sam and his new wife Saffi (bonded a ,month)seem comfortable together and there isn't any aggression although it was a tricky bond to begin with but theres little interaction and no grooming.Saffi is abit aloof anyway but sweet and despite her appalling past being used as a breeding machine in a 2ftx1ft box she is fine with me and is learning to trust me after just a week.Sam is a softy though and LOVES to be groomed going by his past behaviour with his 2 previous wives.
Maybe they will given time when they've had more time to settle.
My 2 other pairs are different too.Milly and Brucie cant get enough of each other and snuggle all day and Morris and Rosie spend a lot of time apart(more Morrises idea than Rosies)but obviously love each other and groom often.
What kinds of bunny bonds are there among the RU bunnies?:)

I've bonded loads of male/female pairs and three things *could* happen:

Instant reciprocal grooming.

One grooms the other but the other does not reciprocate

Neither grooms either

... Also, over time, these things can change, and rabbit/rabbits that didn't groom can begin to 'learn' how to groom. Sometimes it can take years!

Back