• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lap digging

Moonstone

Warren Scout
My buck has taken to jumping onto my lap and going into a little frenzy, digging and biting. He seems healthy, eats well, acts perfectly normally when he isn't on my lap and had his teeth checked recently. I thought maybe he was trying to tell me something but I've just read elsewhere that it's dominance behaviour and he is telling me that he's the boss of me. Is that true?

He isn't hurting me, he's attacking my old clothes and the (organic) towel that I put on my lap, but he's really going for it.

Yes, thanks happybun. I will bear that in mind and make sure he isn't restricted. Sometimes I do support his bottom because he backs up so much he's in danger of falling off backwards.

Thanks, joey&boo, I'm sorry you don't have cuddly rabbits now.

It's helpful to know that it can be about needing the litter tray because it's probably similar in that it's frustration, wanting something he doesn't have or for something to be different. He was at it again last night and I'm more sure it's hormones. If I gently nudge him off my lap, he jumps back on so I think he wants to be there.

I totally took advantage of him last night. When he's manic like that he doesn't really notice what I'm doing so I brushed out the fur in all the difficult areas he doesn't normally want me to touch. He looks so dapper this morning, not a single stray tuft!

I have a bun that used to sit when I had him on my lap he generally needed a wee if I put him in the litter tray he would Lee then come back

Try it you never know :D he may want one but not want to get down lol

Back