• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning Signs

Calathea

Young Bun
Are there any behavioural warning signs that a pair may be having problems? More subtle things than out right fighting I mean. I want to be as prepared as possible for any fall outs between my new boys!

If they're neutered they should be ok. I would say just watching how much they hang out together tells you how close they are. Not be inseparable doesn't mean they'll fight though. If they're not neutered they may well comes to blows.

There will always be a dominant one but you might not notice wny signs at first. When they approach 12 - 16 weeks one may start to chase the other now and then. They will still snuggle together, then one day the dominant one will start a fight. It's really difficult to pinpoint an actual date, it's usually around the 14 week stage. You may be lucky and get 2 boys who don't display any signs at all, I have 2, but this is the exception rather than the rule.

Back