• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Bella xxx

Bunny9930

Young Bun
My rabbit Bella passed away last night. She was bleeding from her tail end and wasn't eating or moving. However she was perfectly fine in the morning. Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened? i would just like some closure so that i can mourn her properly.

I am very sorry you have lost your rabbit. Apparently bleeding from the rear end can be caused by VHD. If you would like to read the thread "Should I get another Bunny" Jack's-Jane has included some references to it for a similar problem.

My rabbit Bella passed away last night. She was bleeding from her tail end and wasn't eating or moving. However she was perfectly fine in the morning. Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened? i would just like some closure so that i can mourn her properly.

I am very sorry for your loss :cry:

I posted this on your other thread :

I am very sorry for your loss of Bella :cry:

Do you know the cause of the haemorrhage ? The specific symptom 'haemorrhage from rear end' could indicate Rabbit Viral Haemorrhagic Disease.

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/viral/Rabbit_haemorraghic_disease.htm

Was Bella vaccinated ?

Was Bella spayed ? Is Floss spayed (and vaccinated) ?

I would not consider obtaining another Rabbit until the possibility of RVHD has been looked into and also if Floss is not spayed and vaccinated I'd get that done first too. Then I would try to make contact with a Rabbit Rescue/Rehoming facility to try to find a friend for Floss. In the meantime could she live indoors as a House Rabbit, if she does not do so already. Then she would at least have more human company until such a time that she can be introduced to a new Rabbit friend.

RIP Bella xx

I'm so sorry to hear about Bella.

Without a PM, we can only speculate on what happened. Sometimes the obvious (VHD) is not what happens - it's not as common as people suggest.

Run free little one x

Back