• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training question ..

Helenmarie85

Warren Scout
So buns are 11/12 weeks old. They are doing pretty good with litter training. The majority of poop is in the tray. Pee they are getting there. Today I cleaned the slabs with white vinegar although one of them has now pee'd in the corner still .. my question is .. even when they are fully litter trained .. will they still poop about the place a little bit??

Yes, they will...a little. Or a lot!

In my experience, boys are tidier. Two of my girls like to poo all over the place (their areas) to make sure it smells "right". I spend a lot of time sweeping or hoovering. *sigh*

All three of my set ups (sheds with attached runs) contain a good many stray poos.

All wee goes into the litter trays (underbed storage boxes with newspaper, straw and hay).

Yours will probably be fine once they are neutered/spayed.

Ahh thank you!! I was thinking it wasn't worth the tray if they still poo everywhere lol. I know they are still little really but the majority of pee and poop is in the tray. I sweep the bottom of the hutch a few times a day and go over with vinegar if I see wee spots. But there still is a bit of poop about lol!! Hopefully they will be spayed soon. In the next couple of weeks fingers crossed!!

Mine poo everywhere. I'm shocked by how much the produce actually. It's been about 2 weeks since they were neutered so I'm hopeful it'll improve but not sure really. They seem to wee in the same spots though. Unfortunately one of those was the warmest part of the hutch with the door so I've stopped putting hay in there and put in another couple of trays in their run (a dog bed which has holes in the bottom so this won't be great if they wee in it! And a covered cat litter box which really confused them and they were climbing on top and weeing haha (it then leaked through the handles holes into the box yuck!). So as you see I'm not having much luck. Mine are outdoor bunnies so its not so important really but I'm considering bringing them in for winter so it would be good if it got better. Mine are 2 boys.

Ok so one of them .. I think Bella is the culprit as shes a right stubborn madam, is still peeing in the same 2 spots. I think she does pee in the tray also. I know bonnie does as have actually seen her specifically go downstairs in the hutch and hop in the tray to do so. I am constantly sweeping poo up and chucking in the tray and mopping pee up a few times a day and chucking the paper in the tray. and then I squirt dilute white vinegar in the pee spots. What else can I use or do to stop the pee!! I don't mind sweeping poo up a few times a day. But am determined to make sure both are pee trained to use the tray lol!!

Back