• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spiders

Rexs patch

Young Bun
I was sitting here tonight on the laptop (old fashioned I know), Rex was on his box and one of those big house spiders walked straight past him on his box, and all he did was turn his head to see what it was. Yet if a spider passes a human that close, we panic, even though to a rabbit a spider is much bigger than it is to us!

Eeek! I definitely wouldn't have been as calm as Rex :shock:
I don't know what the spiders will be like here as we haven't been here long...!

If you think about it though, rabbits aren't as complex as humans are they? They have no fear of spiders as they don't know that some can bite, sting, kill, etc. When the wasps are buzzing about my rabbits I wave them away but if they get too close all the rabbit does is shake their ears and off they fly (the wasp, not the rabbit!). It's all about perception; the rabbit does not perceive the spider/wasp/bee etc to be a threat. We shouldn't either, but some of us do.

I'm trying to train Petra to catch spiders for me. So far, not much luck. I tell her if they try to kill me it'll be your fault for not helping and she just looks at me like "shut up and get me a treat"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all humans... we name ours :lol:

Same. A spider to me is no different than a butterfly :lol:

I wonder if physiologically there's something about them that freaks people out? I mean aside from the fact that they can bite, because really how often do people get bit by spiders that they'd become afraid of them? Reminds me of the thread about what makes people shudder - there's no real reason for it but certain things freak us out.

Same. A spider to me is no different than a butterfly :lol:

I wonder if physiologically there's something about them that freaks people out? I mean aside from the fact that they can bite, because really how often do people get bit by spiders that they'd become afraid of them? Reminds me of the thread about what makes people shudder - there's no real reason for it but certain things freak us out.

Butterflys freak me out!

Back