• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Rosie & Lucy, happy, healthy siblings seek home (Essex or Berkshire areas)

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
REHOMED Rosie & Lucy, happy, healthy siblings seek home (South East)

Meet Rosie (black) and Lucy (grey).

IMG_8304_zpsvrezzjky.jpg

IMG_8325_zps1rtarfbw.jpg

*bumping this as Rosie and Lucy have been here almost a year now and are still waiting for their forever home*. They were born here so they are unfamiliar with strangers and this means that they go all shy and hide whenever anyone comes to meet them. They are a lovely pair of bunnies just waiting for someone with enough patience to build trust with them and enjoy letting them be bunnies*

Rosie and Lucy are a wonderful, happy, healthy pair of little bunnies who are looking for their forever home together. Their mum arrived here at 5pm on 12th March this year, and by the time I got up the following morning, she had given birth to four babies! Now the babies have grown up, they have been neutered and separated into pairs and I am now looking for a home for them together. These two girls absolutely adore each other, they have been together all their lives and are very closely bonded. They are very chilled out and happy and enjoy pottering around together, coming over to say hi and having a nap together.

Rosie, the black one, has always been the biggest of the litter - she was the first to open her eyes, the first out of the nest and she continues to be a little larger than her siblings even now. Although she’s the biggest, she’s not the bossiest, and she is a calm and chilled out little lady. Rosie is also the only one of the four who doesn’t have any lionhead mane, she is a beautiful, classic bunny shaped bunny with silky soft fur. Black bunnies are often very hard to rehome for some reason, people seem to think they are ‘boring’ but I think they are beautiful, and Rosie is no exception.

She is a boisterous, cheerful bunny who loves to potter around and munch on hay. She has a mad few moments where she runs around crazily, but she also loves to lie with her sister and take a nap. There are definitely times of the day when the pair of them spring around, and times of the day when they can barely bring themselves to emerge from their little hidey hole to say hi. She is friendly with humans and is happy to come and climb all over you to see what you’re up to and to receive head rubs and strokes...especially if you've got food.

Lucy is a longer haired bunny with a lionhead mane and a slightly fluffy backside. She is a stunning looking bunny but she will also require some grooming because of her slightly longer hair. Fortunately, Lucy is a very tactile bunny who enjoys being stroked and fussed so at least that makes things a little easier! Lucy is a very nosey little lady who will always come over to see what you’re up to and to see what offerings of food you may have brought her.

As these are young, boisterous bunnies, they will require large accommodation with lots of things like hidey holes, tunnels and shelves to stimulate their interest and curiosity. As a minimum, I ask for 60 square feet of accommodation - they are used to being in a 6*4 shed with a 6*6 run, so this is the sort of thing I'd be looking for them to move to rather than a hutch/run combo…the bigger the better, obviously! These bunnies love to be high up so a shed and high-sided run or aviary would be perfect, as it would mean that it could be configured to give them platforms that they can climb up to and look out on the world from up high. I do not rehome where free ranging is the main or only form of exercise or where there is any unsupervised free ranging, and as I home visit to ensure a good match between bunnies and home, I can only rehome within a reasonable distance of Essex.

If you’re interested in offering this beautiful pair their forever home, then please do get in touch.

Last edited:
They are gorgeous :love: My first 2 bunnies, Ralph & Angel looked very similar to Rosie. I hope you find the perfect forever home Rosie & Lucy

These two bunnies are hilarious. They are so very friendly, but whenever anyone comes to see them, they run and hide and won't come out for love nor money (or fenugreek crunchies). I think because they were born here, I'm really the only person they know so they're very suspicious of anyone else at the moment, although I'm sure they'll come round when they realise who is feeding them. It would be lovely to see these two settled in a forever home while they're still young :love:

These guys will be a year old in a couple of weeks and they are still looking for their forever home :( They are a lovely happy, healthy pair, but because they were born here, they only really know me so get very shy around strangers...meaning that whenever people come to meet them, they end up choosing other bunnies.

These guys will be a year old in a couple of weeks and they are still looking for their forever home :( They are a lovely happy, healthy pair, but because they were born here, they only really know me so get very shy around strangers...meaning that whenever people come to meet them, they end up choosing other bunnies.
That is so sad [emoji20] They are so gorgeous and sound like they have really lovely personalities too so I can't believe that they're still there [emoji20]

I LOVE Rosie's coat - reminds me of my cat, Hex, but in bunny form! :D

I would have them off you in a heart beat but Essex is so far away. :cry:

Do I feel a Bunny run coming on, I would happily take part to help these girls to their forever home.

Thanks for your interest :love: I always take the animals to their new home, being able to watch them settle in is the thing that gives me 'closure'. I don't mind doing that over long distances for the right match between home and bunny, but these two were born here and the furthest they've been in their lives is 8 miles to my vet, so I really don't think it would be fair on them to be rehomed a long distance. I'm sure their time will come :)

Another bump for these two gorgeous girls! They were born last March so have been here over a year now with no sign of a forever home :( With another 7 surprise babies having arrived recently, it would be great to see these two settled into their forever home before the place turns into a hotbed of bunny hormones and smells from all the growing youngsters!

Yet another bump for these two beautiful girls. They've been here over 18 months now and are still waiting for their forever home :( They've never been to the vets for anything other than their spays and vaccinations, they are such a lovely healthy pair. It's heartbreaking to think that they're now coming up towards 2 years old and have lived all their lives in rescue. Please do share if you know of a suitable home for them!

Can you believe these beautiful girls are still looking for their forever home :( They're over 2 years old now and are happy and healthy, but no forever home has been forthcoming so far :(

Can you believe these beautiful girls are still looking for their forever home :( They're over 2 years old now and are happy and healthy, but no forever home has been forthcoming so far :(

See under my signature................ ;)

I am still all over RU like a nasty rash so it may help to highlight the girls x

Back