• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edward and Petal

HarrytheHop

Young Bun

I've had Edward for almost three weeks now and he has been living adjacent to Petal, with daily short dates. Yesterday I left them together for an hour and the end result was lots of cuddling and them actually pushing together when I went to pick them up to put them back in their pens. They were together for eight hours today and all seemed well. However, as I couldn't supervise them overnight, I felt I had to separate them.
I'm very nervous as Petal was quite badly beaten up by the last bun I tried to bond her with after they'd been together for a couple of weeks. Although all the signs are positive, I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to make that leap of faith and leave them together.
My concerns are that Edward almost seems too good to be true. He hasn't humped her, tried any sort of dominant behaviour and is generally really chilled out. He's been grooming her enthusiastically and, to be fair, she has been grooming him a bit too. I kind of feel that I need to witness some kind of "problem" between them and watch them resolve it before I can really trust that they're going to be ok.
Do you think I'm being overly cautious? What's the solution when I haven't got 72 hours spare to be able to constantly observe them?

They seem very happy and some pairs never have issues they bond well and stay that way so I would be confident in leaving them myself. Any 2 rabbits can fall out at any time so it's a risk we all take really. Be brave!

Thanks tonibun. I'm out this afternoon but plan to put them together in the conservatory again later on and, all being well, leave them there overnight. I'll then set them up in the summerhouse where they've been living side by side.
It's a shame I can't keep them in the conservatory but it just gets too hot in there.

:love:.. Aww cute bunny butts.... :love:

I hope things remain happy between those two, they look very sweet. X

Well I've taken the plunge! They're together! I just had a hilarious moment when I put my head around the door to check on them and they were laying together and, without getting up, they both turned to look at me, like: "Yes? Can we help you?"

Ed sounds wonderful and just what Petal needed. My Ginny & Widget have never had issues either. They've been together over a year now. He's about 3 and she's 9. Ginny had never been on her own. We don't know anything about Widget, just that he was 'seized' by the rspca inspector. Good luck and lots of peaceful vibes for Ed and Petal. xxx

Back