• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeling sad.

steph1981

New Kit
My bunny (Harvey) died yesterday without any warning and im gutted. He was adopted after been mistreated as a young bun, he would only trust me and would bite everyone else that came near him. I know he had an amazing life with me and neaver went without which gives me some peace right now. His partner (April) is also very sad she just keeps looking at the spot where he died. They had been together for 7 years. Originally I had 3 buns and all was good but when I introduced harvey two of the 3 hated him but April fell in love at first sight and was always by his side so I made the decision to April and Harvey together and leave the other two together in a separate hutch. I want to now try put April back with the original two however the female (Daisy) from the other pair is very shy and after quiet a serious illness she is quite vulnerable and occasionally has little funny episodes. (Bit like a fit). April was always the dominant female and after a very short introduction today which intially went well, Daisy was very submissive and April was happy to groom her then as soon as she sniffed her back end April went for daisy and fur was pulled out. Poor Daisy just ran for her life. I really want to try put them back together because I can't bear for April to be all alone. Im due to go on holiday next week so dont plan to do anything now until I get back but could really do with some advice on how to make my girls friends again.

I'm very sorry you've lost Harvey.:(
Can't offer any help with the bonding, but hope all goes well.

I'm so sorry to hear about Harvey. He obviously had a great life with you. I've no bonding experience I'm afraid :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bunny (Harvey) died yesterday without any warning and im gutted. He was adopted after been mistreated as a young bun, he would only trust me and would bite everyone else that came near him. I know he had an amazing life with me and neaver went without which gives me some peace right now. His partner (April) is also very sad she just keeps looking at the spot where he died. They had been together for 7 years. Originally I had 3 buns and all was good but when I introduced harvey two of the 3 hated him but April fell in love at first sight and was always by his side so I made the decision to April and Harvey together and leave the other two together in a separate hutch. I want to now try put April back with the original two however the female (Daisy) from the other pair is very shy and after quiet a serious illness she is quite vulnerable and occasionally has little funny episodes. (Bit like a fit). April was always the dominant female and after a very short introduction today which intially went well, Daisy was very submissive and April was happy to groom her then as soon as she sniffed her back end April went for daisy and fur was pulled out. Poor Daisy just ran for her life. I really want to try put them back together because I can't bear for April to be all alone. Im due to go on holiday next week so dont plan to do anything now until I get back but could really do with some advice on how to make my girls friends again.

I'm so sorry to hear you have lost Harvey :cry:

Regarding the bonding you mention, personally I would take it very slowly and spend a lot of time watching how they all react if you are set on a threesome.

In my experience, if you try bonding a dominant bunny with a pair where one has some weakness/illness, you run the risk of the weaker bunny finding it very difficult and stressful.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't attempt to bond them, but of course I can't see how they would react to one another :)

Back