• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attempting Phase 2 of bonding tomorrow

My two buns have now been together for a week, living in a small outside run. Tomorrow I will put them together in the large run, which usually has the smaller run attached. This was where the female lived up until a week ago, but I have scrubbed it with soap and water, left it open to the elements and today I have sprayed it thoroughly with white vinegar and water, so I am hoping that she will no longer think that it is her territory.

I am slightly nervous but I suppose if things don't go well Plan B will be to go back to the stage we are at now where they seem to now be quite settled with one another. If this goes well I am planning to leave them in this run for a week and then start to let them out together in a small part of the garden. Do you think a week at each stage is enough to avoid problems? Ultimately I want to get back to being able to free range them when we are home.

Thank you.

I think a week should be fine for most bunnies. You can monitor them and tell if they are happy together. Sending lots of bonding vibes your way :thumb:

My two buns have now been together for a week, living in a small outside run. Tomorrow I will put them together in the large run, which usually has the smaller run attached. This was where the female lived up until a week ago, but I have scrubbed it with soap and water, left it open to the elements and today I have sprayed it thoroughly with white vinegar and water, so I am hoping that she will no longer think that it is her territory.

I am slightly nervous but I suppose if things don't go well Plan B will be to go back to the stage we are at now where they seem to now be quite settled with one another. If this goes well I am planning to leave them in this run for a week and then start to let them out together in a small part of the garden. Do you think a week at each stage is enough to avoid problems? Ultimately I want to get back to being able to free range them when we are home.

Thank you.

Good luck, it sounds like all is going very well!

A week at each stage is more than enough, I feel :D

Back