• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to let Harry go.

Salza

Young Bun
Dear Harry had been through a lot. He was a rescue bunny that hated the sight of a broom so I feel that perhaps he was mistreated with one. We got him as a partner for our female rabbit Tinkerbelle. They had 6 happy years until poor Tinks got ill and no more could be done for her. Poor Harry pined and we tried for 2 months to find a partner for him. Finally we found Daisy. She was 2 years old and had spend her days in a hutch in a shed. Her owner used to take her indoors of an evening for a while but other than that she was kept alone ion the dark. We put Daisy next to Harry in a stairgate type of dog cage as we knew we had to give them a chance to bond. The next day on awakening we found Daisy had squeezed through the bars and was laid over Harry who was quite happy. They had nearly three years together in which time Daisy had an operation for bladder sludge and Harry had an operation for an abscess. They were inseparable and as Harry was 10 yrs old and a bit slow Daisy would sit patiently by him waiting for him to leave our kitchen and go out into the garden with her. Unfortunately the abscess in Harry's foot returned with a vengeance and ate away at his bones. An x ray showed the damage and as he was in pain and nothing more could be done for him the decision was made to let him pass away under the anesthetic. Daisy is lost without him as are we. We can only hope that he is with Tinks at Rainbow Bridge and we will all be together again one day.
Sorry for the long post but needed to get it off my chest.:(

Dear Harry had been through a lot. He was a rescue bunny that hated the sight of a broom so I feel that perhaps he was mistreated with one. We got him as a partner for our female rabbit Tinkerbelle. They had 6 happy years until poor Tinks got ill and no more could be done for her. Poor Harry pined and we tried for 2 months to find a partner for him. Finally we found Daisy. She was 2 years old and had spend her days in a hutch in a shed. Her owner used to take her indoors of an evening for a while but other than that she was kept alone ion the dark. We put Daisy next to Harry in a stairgate type of dog cage as we knew we had to give them a chance to bond. The next day on awakening we found Daisy had squeezed through the bars and was laid over Harry who was quite happy. They had nearly three years together in which time Daisy had an operation for bladder sludge and Harry had an operation for an abscess. They were inseparable and as Harry was 10 yrs old and a bit slow Daisy would sit patiently by him waiting for him to leave our kitchen and go out into the garden with her. Unfortunately the abscess in Harry's foot returned with a vengeance and ate away at his bones. An x ray showed the damage and as he was in pain and nothing more could be done for him the decision was made to let him pass away under the anesthetic. Daisy is lost without him as are we. We can only hope that he is with Tinks at Rainbow Bridge and we will all be together again one day.
Sorry for the long post but needed to get it off my chest.:(

Salza, I am so sorry to hear about Harry :cry:

What a lovely, and well-loved bunny he was.

I hope you and Daisy can find some comfort in the coming days and weeks.

Sending hugs to you all :love:

Run free Harry, all healed now :)

Thank you Mighty Max. Harry had developed awful arthritis but thanks to Arthri-Aid & Metacam had manged to recover and run around the garden. He had also suffered another abscess which we managed to beat as well as sore hocks. He was a tough old boy.

I'm so sorry, you gave him a wonderful life, binky free little Harry xxx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. :cry: Harry lived to a grand old age and enjoyed a wonderful life with you. Thinking of you and Daisy. xx

Goodnight Harry, sleep well little one. xx

I'm so sorry you lost Harry - he sounded like a spectacular much loved bunny. Sleep tight little one x

I'm so sorry that you lost lovely Harry, glad he found love and enjoyed his time with his bunwife xx

Thank you Mighty Max. Harry had developed awful arthritis but thanks to Arthri-Aid & Metacam had manged to recover and run around the garden. He had also suffered another abscess which we managed to beat as well as sore hocks. He was a tough old boy.

Sometimes they can certainly be tough! If they don't fall at the first hurdle, bunnies can fight and fight on, as Harry did :)

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It has helped us a lot to know that so many others understand how we are feeling now. This is a pic of Harry with Daisy after his last op 14 months ago. He has the blue dressing on his ear.

Back