• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Brothers and rebonding

Jenna1

New Kit
Hi i went away for a few days at the end of aug and left my father in law in charge of my boys. Came back 4 days later and noticed my boys fighting. Fur everywhere, one rabbit with a cut ear (he humps alot) they are 4 months old and had not reached adolescents before i went. Notice the randy one (Olaf) had a cut to his testicle and fudge had bitten him. Got them in the vets and booked them both for spaying.

That was last week and all went well. They have been separate since fri 4th Sept, Can anyone give me some info on re bonding, how to? when? and where? Olaf was spayed mon 7th sept and Fudge thur 10th.

Sorry your boys had a fight but I hope they are now recovered and one is just a week post neuter. After boys have been castrated they will need a few weeks to allow their hormones to decrease before attempting to rebond them. Also, as they had a fight this waiting time will help them to forget about it, hopefully, so making bonding easier.

When the time comes to rebond them remember it must be done on neutral territory, somewhere new to them and somewhere they can remain for a few days while settling down with one another.

Hopefully you will be able to get the boys back together but it is not guaranteed unfortunately.

I don't know what to do as we only adopted them as we felt sorry for them it's become a lot of hard work. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back