• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio bonding Q

Wererabbit

Young Bun
Been brave and put my old girl withy younger boy/girl pair - so far so good! Neutral territory is my back room and new boy/ old girl completely fine but young girl tugging occ tufts out. Old girl not really retaliating so cross fingers :)
My Q is how long before I try to put them back into the shed together? Also, should I cage one of the girls when I can't supervise them (have old indoor cage I can put on the floor
The shed was the pair's house but old girl has been in a hutch within their run for past week as there is no way to 'neutralise' it but the shed I can wash down!

P.s Bryan is making little squeaky noises?!?!?

Aww good luck!!

I'd separate when you need to leave the room . in terms of moving them outside to the shed - i'd say when a few solid days have lapsed with no behavioural issues & you've seen them grooming, lying together.

Photos please - I love bonding photos

Been brave and put my old girl withy younger boy/girl pair - so far so good! Neutral territory is my back room and new boy/ old girl completely fine but young girl tugging occ tufts out. Old girl not really retaliating so cross fingers :)
My Q is how long before I try to put them back into the shed together? Also, should I cage one of the girls when I can't supervise them (have old indoor cage I can put on the floor
The shed was the pair's house but old girl has been in a hutch within their run for past week as there is no way to 'neutralise' it but the shed I can wash down!

P.s Bryan is making little squeaky noises?!?!?

Not quite sure what kind of squeak you mean, but can mean excitement! One of my buns does this when he wants more of my attention, so could be he's getting excited by his two wives? :D

Bry is the conti x, he is top bunny around food, little black is the bossy one so newbie grey marl seems to be settling well as she is submissive.

No grooming yet, the girls are the issue - Bonny (black) still thumping and taking the occ chunk of fluff from Bridie. Re-introduction this morning seemed ok initially.
Bridie sits on her own most of the time but they will all eat together. Tried sweeping up the poop, Bonny freaked out and jumped on Bridie, freaking her out which made him cross - nightmare!

Last edited:
Back