• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help bonding with my rabbit

dasiychain

Young Bun
Hi I need some help bonding with my rabbit. I have 2 rabbits, one female and one male, both been done, male is 3 next year and the female is 2 years. The male (biscuit) is lovely he's affectionate and happy to see us and well behaved- we have no problems with him what's so ever. Lucy - she's a pain, we've done nothing different with her and she's so scared of us! Their both free range and potty trained but she's always so nervous. We had a bit of progress last year, we moved to Germany but before we did I had to share a room with them and she was really good she even slept on my bed and didn't run away from me. Now she's nervous when she sees me. We've never done anything to her to make her so scared of us. One day she will be "ok" and come to see me if I shake the treat bag and call her name and occasionally sits on my back after placing just her paws on me after 10 minutes plucking up the courage. She's free range to but won't even venture from where her litter tray and food is. Biscuit runs around the house but she just walks a meter from their "safe place" ! I don't pick her up unless I really have to!

I really want her to feel safe and happy! She doesn't do binky jumps but runs really fast over the rugs wen were in bed because she runs into the cage constantly
Lol

Any ideas on bonding strategies??
1e6a645518f80f196e925fe5d06fc50f.jpg

This is where we have put their things so their not exposed to everyone but it's not caged off or anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you might have to just accept her as she is? Sorry, can't be more helpful. I have had 1 or 2 rabbits that if they go under my shed stay there and it's taken about 3 days to finally catch them. I don't know why.

That's what we thought but didn't know if there was something we were going wrong which is making it worse. It's almost like when she's being like biscuit she all of a sudden remembers she's not like that and then runs off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back