• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to bond old rabbit with new but they either mate or fight

my girl is 4.5 years old and my new boy is 20 weeks. I have been keeping them separately but whenever I put them together, they mate or fight. He goes for her and sometimes she lets him and they mate but sometimes he goes for her and she doesn't like it and she tries to fight with him but I separate them. She is spayed but I haven't neutered him yet (I will be!). I'm not sure whether the mating means that they are friends or whether they hate each other. Recently they have been mating more than fighting (when they do mate or anything I split them up) but they used to have quite aggressive fights. I'm quite worried about whether they can ever bond

my girl is 4.5 years old and my new boy is 20 weeks. I have been keeping them separately but whenever I put them together, they mate or fight. He goes for her and sometimes she lets him and they mate but sometimes he goes for her and she doesn't like it and she tries to fight with him but I separate them. She is spayed but I haven't neutered him yet (I will be!). I'm not sure whether the mating means that they are friends or whether they hate each other. Recently they have been mating more than fighting (when they do mate or anything I split them up) but they used to have quite aggressive fights. I'm quite worried about whether they can ever bond

I would not attempt to bond them until the Buck has been castrated. He wont leave your Doe alone whilst his hormones are raging and it'll make them both miserable.

Your Buck should be ready to be castrated by now- ie his testicles should have descended.

At 5 months your boy will be getting hormonal and that is why he keeps trying to mate with her. She could get really fed up and attack him and could injure him!. So you need to keep them separate now until after he has been neutered. A few weeks after his operation you need to put them in a neutral space, come back for further help nearer the time.

We bonded ours when only one was neutered and it was ok till the female started to get a bit horney and kept following the male around to the point he couldnt poo in peace or eat with out her trying to hump him lol he ended up warning her with a little nip and she stopped - luckily we had already booked her in to be done so it didn't last long. But we had to bond them again when she was healed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33b2f724ada953939a3eafcb5a291cab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back