• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr.Jinks,the budgie

kattymieoww

Warren Veteran
Had to have my wee Jinksy boy the beautiful azure blue budgie PTS this afternoon,he was eleven and half years old.I had him at the vet in July and as he had the start of a tumour on his back,nothing really to do but take him home and monitor him.He was okay for a good while but the nasty thing grew and he of course pecked at it a few times causing bleeding,it eventually caused him to walk badly etc,today he was off his food and had "sour crop",he was miserable.Time to let him go.I got him the a week before my bridge bun Rio who lived to nearly eight.Jinks used to fly down and land on Rios head,bunny didn't mind he was usually sleeping, probably enjoyed the preening etc.We got Little girl Cleo the bunny two years later,sadly she died aged four of gut stasis and severe bloat.Jinks used to fly down and pinch their broccoli and greens,he was a great Character and I taught him many phrases,will miss you wee guy.Fly free at the bridge and join your bunny pals.

Back