• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepper...my soldier..28/3/2008-2/9/15

binkybunnyox

Warren Scout
Pepper. Bubs. Monster.

My little floppy loppy wabbit. Words can not even begin to describe how much I miss you, you were my everything, my rock. I will never get used to life without you.

I still talk about you everyday. You amaze me. Your fight for life through everything you had been through, you taught me a lot. I feel as if my heart has been ripped out.

I love you my little soldier.

I seen you in pets at home, I didn't know much about bunnies, but as soon as I saw you I fell head over heals in love with you, everyday I was in pets at home for 2 weeks before David caved and finally bought you. When we were in the store you were always been bullied by the other bunnies and chased and would sit alone in a corner. But when we brought you home your big big personality soon came out, you had tons of attitude, you hated people touching your things ! Which turned out to be everything including David's shoes ! You would growl and box, people were scared of you, but we knew the sweet little bunny that was inside. You would jump up on the bed next to me when David was out & give me licks then just sit & watch tv with me

You were so full of mischief when you were a baby, do you remember chewing a hole right through my bedroom door 😦

You followed me everywhere. I couldn't go to the toilet without you. I spent every minute of everyday with you.

We decided to spay you, you used to circle me & grunt loads, dirty beast I called you haha. But I was glad to be getting your lovin ❤️ & David was jealous. Under anaesthetic you went blue and part of your anaesthetic was reversed, you then became to light and pulled your et tube out ! I was devestated that I nearly lost you. But you were fine and back to your usual self by the next day.

I became quite ill and was suffering from frequent kidney infections, you used to sit up with me at night when I was in too much pain to sleep. it soon became my turn to sit with you.

You stopped eating, I was extremely worried and took you to the vet who gave you jags and told me to syringe feed you. That was fun. I ended up wearing most of it, you might not have been eating but you certainly hadn't lost your fighting spirt ! I took you back the next day & you were placed on fluids. I refused to leave you there just to be on a drip so we took you home with said drip in place. The vet removed it the next day as you were eating & back to normal. It was then that we discovered a lump at the base of your ear. The vet took a sample which was pus. We had an abscess 😐 the vet took X-rays and said the abscess was in the bulla of you ear, we could get referral for ct scan and teca op but it was risky, she said the abscess could rupture into your brain. You were given a year at best. My world came crashing down. In the end you ended up having a lateral wall resection done, and we flushed your ear 3 times a day. Along with lots of painkillers and antibiotics, you hated baytril with a passion but you just took it all in your stride. You used to scoop hay up in your buster collar while your wound was healing & didn't like when people tried to help you, you could do it yourself. You were such a stubborn little monster sometimes. Your Frankenstein ear healed and we carried on like before.

You always there, running to see us when we returned from work, trying to steal our dinner, You weren't a normal bunny, after all rabbits are supposed to be vegetarian !

We got you a friend trebor, you weren't impressed at first but you grew up love him. But you still remained insanely jealous when David or I petted him, you would chase him and nip his bum, then shove your nose up at us and demand nose rubs.

Then you started to hold your leg funny, back to the vets we went. X-rays revealed nothing, slight arthritis. Nothing to cause the pain you were in, you needed metacam gabapentin & tramadol. We couldn't afford Mri but the vet said it could possibly be a nerve tumour and again our world came crashing down and you fought on on your cocktail of drugs for 2 years.

Then you developed glaucoma in your left eye. We started xalatan to try bring the pressure down. It didn't work in the end you would need your eye removed. We didn't do it, we didn't think you'd want that, you had already been through so much, you never seemed bothered by it, and with all the drugs you were on for pain already no one was sure if you were experiencing much pain as we thought with your eye. You never bothered and we continued on.

I returned from work last week and you ran to see me, on 3 legs. I was devastated, you were obviously in alot of pain, but still you came bounding over. I spoke to the vets the next day, who said you were on the highest dose of pain killers. There wasn't much else we could do for you. My heart broke. You say next to me that night not putting pressure on your leg but came bounding into the spare room for your medicine at the usual time on 3 legs. I didn't want you to suffer anymore, your body was failing your vibrant spirt and I had to make the decision.

I've regreted every minute since bubs. They had to jag you 3 times, I didnt realise how much fight you had left in you. Or I would have fought along with you. I'm so sorry I didnt realise until it was too late. I held you all the way to crematorium. I waited and brought you home, back to our bedroom beside us. I feel so guilty for what I did my chubba bubba.

I love you. Always.

What a lovely tribute to a beautiful rabbit :love:

We always feel guilty, and the time we have with them is never enough.

Sending hugs x

What a lovely tribute to a beautiful rabbit :love:

We always feel guilty, and the time we have with them is never enough.

Sending hugs x

All the time in the world wouldn't have been enough. She was such a special soul.

I wish I could give you nose rubs & sit with you again bubs. I miss falling over you when you are under my feet.

Nothing will ever be the same again.
It's so weird without you.

Until we meet again monster x

I'm so terribly sorry :cry:

I know there are no words now that will ease your pain but sending you lots of of love and (((hugs))).

Sweet dreams Pepper xx

I am so sorry. Pepper was amazing, what a beautiful boy. I know you will be feeling terrible but you didn't want him to suffer anymore, it is always the hardest decision to make. Hugs

What a beautiful tribute: I feel like I knew Pepper :( Thankyou for sharing, and best wishes to you at this hardest of times.

I'm sorry to hear. Pepper was an amazing rabbit and was so lucky to have someone like you to love him.

I can't believe its been a whole week today bubs. We were just home from the crematorium last week.
Trebor misses you. He hates me now, I hate myself. It just all feels wrong without you. David misses you too. Remember when you used to sit at the top of the stairs and wait for him coming home.

I am very privileged to have had the chance of been your bunny mummy. I don't think anyone will ever understand the bond we had. We didn't need to spend time getting to know each other or building trust. I just knew and so did you. I guess that's what true love is.

You were everything a little lady should be, gorgeous, independent and feisty.
You were one in a gazillion.

I hope your getting lots of attention nose rubs & crunchies at the bridge. Until we meet again, when I never have to part with you again. I love you my little floppy bunny wabbit.

Pepperboo ❤️

I don't know what to do without you, I am so so lost. I wish you were here, just to sit.

I'm back where we started. I don't think I can do this without you.
You were the reason I got up in the morning. My little sunshine. You always made everything so much better.

Love you bubs x

I'm so sorry that you have lost your special girl. :cry: Thinking of you xx

Goodnight Pepper, sweet dreams little one. xx

Back